Could this be the most effective kick off ever in response to going behind?

In real life, whenever I have played at least, we were only allowed two players in the kick off.

You are only allowed two players in the circle when kicking off and they are only allowed to be the kicking teams. You are also not supposed to be in the oppositions semi circle either but you see most of the times that players have one foot in each semi circle.

You are only allowed two players in the circle when kicking off and they are only allowed to be the kicking teams. You are also not supposed to be in the oppositions semi circle either but you see most of the times that players have one foot in each semi circle.

There's nothing in the laws of the game to say how many players are allowed in the centre circle. The circle itself only has the one function: To delineate a ten yard distance from the centre mark, which is the distance the opposition must be away from the ball at kick off. Each team must be in their own half at the start of play, but there is the natural tendency to encroach a toe over which is overlooked by referees so long as their bodies remain in their halves.

These are all the laws concerning the procedure of the Kick Off:

Law 8

• all players must be in their own half of the field of play

• the opponents of the team taking the kick-off are at least 9.15 m (10 yds) from the ball until it is in play

• the ball must be stationary on the centre mark

• the referee gives a signal

• the ball is in play when it is kicked and moves forward

• the kicker must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player

Nothing about number of players in the centre circle.

Err, Im not sure that is true... For one, it was always a favoured United tactic to have the strikers kicking off and Scholes just behind them inside the centre circle to spray the ball wide quickly...

Yeah that's what i was thinking of too. Plus i always do it when i play for my local saturday league team so i was pretty sure it wasn't a rule.

Archived