Solihull Moors

Just wondering if anyone has played with this team and got them into the premier league/champions league as I'm currently playing as them and have a few problems.

Firstly the board refuse to accept a parent club and secondly the board refuse to expand my stadium. Just wondering if this changes as your progress through the leagues, I'm currently in the championship and it's exactly the same answer I got when I was in the Blue Square leagues.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently in my 5th season and on course for promotion to the Championship. I've picked Aston Villa as my parent team, and I continually get the choices of Birmingham, Coventry or West Brom if I choose to ask for a new parent club. Staines is my feeder in the Blue Square Premier.

Getting a parent club actually depends on the chairman when you start with Solihull Moors. His stats are random, I don't know if it depends on his 'business' skill or his 'ambition'. Usually when I start a game with Solihull I save my game at the start, ask for a parent club, and then holiday the game for about 2 weeks. If my chairman manages to find a parent club during that time, then I'm good to go.

So MacLovin, you got into the Championship and still didn't get a new stadium? if the same thing happens to me I look to next season with dread. Hard to make ends meet with a 3050K stadium and only being able to offer around 2k at the most for wages.

My finances aren't too bad though, I actually have around £900,000 in the bank, and club value is at a staggering £950,000, but I'm 2K over my 21K wage budget, hence I am losing around 50K a month. But I have 8 players whose value is above 100K so I'm pondering if I should sell these players at the end of the season and make sure I have enough money in the bank to get a new stadium. My Angolian playmaker Geraldo could probably fetch me 1M.

MacLovin, how much money did you have in the bank when you got into the Championship? I currently have a 2881 average attendance so I would think it's just a question of finances before they build a new stadium.

Anyone else have experience managing the lovely Solihull Moors? They're a mix of Real Madrid and Brazil, AND you can write your own club history ;)

There is no guarantee that the Board will build a new stadium no matter how much money you got. If the club needs a new stadium, they will build it anyway. Funded by loans and other means. So if you need those players; dont sell them.

Ive been them a couple of times but never really got going as it was a multiple team game and they take forever in fm, been thinking of being them though in a new game and seeing what happens, been wondering about the stadium myself. If i ever had to i may just use fmrte to make the stadium the capacity that it has to be. May not be the proper way to play but don't think i could continue it knowing i couldn't be promoted.

Archived