AI back to its old tricks!

I will get slated for this, but im still prepared to write this to gain some knowledge of if its just me.

Just a couple of things.

1. Why is it as soon as you make your 3rd and final sub you get a player injured and so putting you down to 10 men

2. When Giovinco takes a penalty against Barca in the second leg of C League 1/4 finals at home with the score at 1-0 to Barca on agg, he misses after not missing his last 7, including a penalty to give us a vital win away to Barca.

3. After having 8 shots on target with Valdes making at least 3 saves from CCC not including the pen does he only get a 6.7.

lastly 4. Why does Aguero always get injured in the big games, his injury proneness must be 20 out of 20.

Yes im whinging but its so frustrating when I just know Giovinco will miss, then I want to freshen my team up, but only have 11 men for 5 mins after I do this.

I just want a full season when I can say that nothing that looks suspicous has happened, because this save has been full of these incidents for me!

:(:(

P.s. Sorry for cluttering the forum with this, but I needed to let off a bit of steam!

:mad::mad:

1. Sod's law.

2. Pressure? Fatigue? Good save?

3. Maybe he fumbled all the saves and needed his defence to bail him out. Maybe he gave the ball away from every goal-kick. Maybe goalkeeper ratings need a tweak.

4. No idea. Never had the guy or played against him.

1) has happened to me enough (50% of the time if I make 3 subs before 70 minutes) to make me think its a function of tactics. Which frankly would be ridiculous if true.

2)You have a penalty taker scoring 7/8 pens and you're upset?

3)Probably due to a poor pass completion. I've seen A.I keeper make save after save but get low rating because they kept giving the ball straight back to the opposition. In essence the shots saved are irrelevant coz the keeper is the one giving the opportunity.

4)Don't know about Aguero's injury proneness. Over a few seasons event he most injury prone player will play 60-70% of games, if this isn't the case you are super unlucky.

1/ The issue here is perception - when you make 3 subs and have no injury, you don't remember it. Ever. When you get an injury it is highlighted and as you don't remember all the times it hasn't happened it seems to happen very often - during beta testing i tried to keep a pen and paper next to my laptop just to keep track of trends, simply for the reason that noone can rely on their memory all the time.

2/ Likely to be pressure - how old is he? What's his composure like? How many big games as he played in? Luck? Also 7/8 isn't anything to worry about.

3/ Did he flap at crosses? Was his kicking poor? So much of this will not have been shown by highlights. Could be just a bug?

4/ See point 1 - in big games when he doesn't get injured you won't notice/

1. Well, wouldn't it be logical to expect more injuries to happen during the last 20 minutes or so when your players are already fatigued? It just happens that by that time, possibly for the very same reason I might add, you have already made your quota of 3 subs.

4. Aguero is a small technical player. I don't think it seems too unrealistic that such a player would often be at the receiving end of hard tackling during intense importart matches.

Aguero: Are you playing him every game? How old is he on your save? Do you have an intensive training schedule? All these play a part. I think his Injury Proneness is something like 7 or 8 so there may be other factors. Oh - and of course bad luck :)

1. Why is it as soon as you make your 3rd and final sub you get a player injured and so putting you down to 10 men

Just bad luck, really

2. When Giovinco takes a penalty against Barca in the second leg of C League 1/4 finals at home with the score at 1-0 to Barca on agg, he misses after not missing his last 7, including a penalty to give us a vital win away to Barca.

Pressure? There are hidden attributes like "Important Matches". Perhaps he buckled under the pressure. Maybe the keeper made a great save. Again, just bad luck.

3. After having 8 shots on target with Valdes making at least 3 saves from CCC not including the pen does he only get a 6.7.

I think the ratings are muffed in FM09

lastly 4. Why does Aguero always get injured in the big games, his injury proneness must be 20 out of 20.

Perhaps :) - Maybe because he gets tightly marked and hard tackled by the oppo?

1/ The issue here is perception - when you make 3 subs and have no injury, you don't remember it. Ever. When you get an injury it is highlighted and as you don't remember all the times it hasn't happened it seems to happen very often - during beta testing i tried to keep a pen and paper next to my laptop just to keep track of trends, simply for the reason that noone can rely on their memory all the time.

This man speaks the truth.

Most of these, like others have said, is just bad luck. You're on a good run, then some bad things happen. Barca are a big team with a lot of motivation, which could simply over-awe your pen taker and a maybe some other players.

I think SI have stated that ratings were tweaked a bit too much the wrong way in the final patch. I could be wrong, but my search spawned hundreds of threads which I really can't be bothered going through. Am I right in thinking 9.1 or 9.2 generated an unreasonable number of MOTM awards for GKs?

Bad luck on this, though. I hate playing games like that. Sometimes I'd rather go out in the first knock-out stage.

Aguero has just got injured in the last 5 games I have played him, the story goes like this.

He plays a game, gets a knock, so I take him off straight away. Get to end of match and he always and I mean always ends up with an injury. Its always a thigh strain or a neck injury or sometimes a bruised rib, generally he misses 1-2 matches. I always wait until he is at least 95% fit before he goes into starting XI and then we start the whole routine again.

I will look at his training because something is not right thats for sure.

Just a little aside to this, Zaragoza just got 110 bookings in the last season. When I played them I ended game with 9 men as 2 players got bad knocks and 3 had to go off injured, they were absolutely filthy, flying in everywhere.

1/ To be honest, since downloading the latest patch, this hasn't happened to me once. Bad luck on your behalf?

2/ Law of averages? Most players will miss eventually. Frustrating that it was a big game, but I don't see how this is an issue:confused:

3/ 6.7 is an okay rating. Maybe his distribution is poor, maybe he fumbled a couple of crosses, there are many possibilities as to why he didn't get 7+.

4/ Always? In big games? You exaggerating? If he picks up a lot, maybe he's injury prone. Is he not quite a small chap too?

Some tough breaks for you there, but not really any in game problems for me.

If you think about it, there are simple explanations for all but # 1, but then I don't experience that issue any more, so can't offer anything for you there.

Is this still a major problem for others??

EDIT: Just read your latest post about Aguero. Maybe he's just a marked man?? Never had him in my team, so have nothing to compare your problem to.

Archived