Too many long shots no matter what i do

problem is im using arsenal and barca and still all i see are long shots.

The games tactics is a joke as you dont know what it means.

Theres faults in mentality, creative fredom, free role, passing style, width, temp and what they all mean.

There is no way to know whats going on.

Firstly there should not be individual attacking mentalities, it makes zero sence, defenders priority is always to defend and attackers always attack. Players should only rely on the instructions that in turn make them play like their real life counter parts eg Track back should be added for wingers or protect the attacking cm.

Yea tried that, yes it cuts down the shots but it also bugs out the tactics.

Not even 1 long shot is ever attempted which is unrealistic

It also cuts down my possesion of 65 down to 50

shot count and clear cut also rockets down.

To understand the solution, you have to understand the problem.

An AI follows a "decision" tree. Your players are looking for options: through ball into the box? Square pass to X? Spray it out wide to Y? Pass back? Dribble into the box? .. if none of those look right, then the player's "punt" is to take a long shot.

When you're getting that many long shots in a game, it means that your player isn't seeing better options.

That seems to happen when you have too many players with mentality too Attacking and forward runs Often: what happens is, those players push too far forward too early. Either they're offsides, or stopped and marked easily.

Give wwfan's "Tactical Theorems and Frameworks" a read, it has the solution to this and many other tactical problems.

Archived