patched 9.03 wsm now cant start new game

You have loaded too many leagues and your computer cannot handle running all of them. What are your PC specs and how many leagues were you attempting to run, what database size were you using, what additional countries were you loading players from and how many divisions from each country were you trying to load? This is probably the cause of the problem

actually i was just getting the not responding message and it was actually setting up the database anyway. Should have been more patient i guess. Sorry to jump the gun...

I see your on Vista please try

Right click FM Icon, Select compatability tab. Tick Run in Compatability for XP SP2 and try to start a new game again.

Even though the game says its not responding it is. I did that and Ive never had that black screen again since :thup:

He's already solved the problem HuwFlet ;)

Yeah but it will happen again during the game when processing fixtures and stuff:p

Also if you run in windowed mode it will happen every time you tab to a different window and back again.

He hadnt fixed it the game had just continued processing. My solution shoulld work on a more permenant basis and has for other users too

Archived