Parent Link Cancelled

Playing as Viterbese in Serie C2, I have Fiorentina as a parent club. When I asked for another I was given three options, including Roma.

But in the screen where you're informed of the clubs who're interested in having you as a feeder, the board pointed out that if I select any new parent club, our existing arrangement with Fiorentina will be cancelled!!

I've never seen this before, and I've seen many lower league italian sides with multiple parents, including several top tier teams.

Anybody shed any light on this?? What's making me even more annoyed is my last three requests for a parent have been unsuccessful - now I get offered a few clubs and it's going to terminate my existing relationship :mad:

When you got your options it should have included a message from the board stating any new link will replace your current one.

I can't give an offical explaination, but the same thing happened to me in England. If I were to ask for a second parent, I was told, escentially, I could only have one at a time...

Hmm, oh well - at least it's not just me.

The parent club doesn't like other big clubs stealing it's feeder clubs, so Fiorentina wouldn't like Roma being a feeder club to you as well, so they would cancel their deal as a result.

That would make sense mate, but if that is the case then why are Pizzighettone allowed Inter, Milan and Juventus - all as national loan arrangements?? LOL. Surely that's not a level playing field, and goes against your suggestion?

Those agreements are probably programmed into the database. What dates did they start on and what date are you in you in your game?

They started in the spring and summer of '07 (I'm in 2010). So I see what you mean about them being hard-coded. It still strikes me as unfair though :mad: LOL.

So do you think the AI teams won't be allowed more than 1 parent partnership from the start of the game in 2008?

Maybe someone with a long save could answer that?

You should be allowed more later on as you rise up through the leagues and your rep gets bigger :) But once you are in the same league as them, the deal will be cancelled as they don't want to be loaning players to their rivals. If you want to make it fairer, use the editor that came with the game to make sure that all of the AI clubs only have 1 parent club :)

You should be allowed more later on as you rise up through the leagues and your rep gets bigger :) But once you are in the same league as them, the deal will be cancelled as they don't want to be loaning players to their rivals.

Ah right. OK mate thanks. I've noticed before that the affiliations don't get cancelled in Italy when the clubs are in the same division - just thought I'd mention that. Cheers.

Archived