Trouble getting new jobs

I'm very frustrated at the moment. I managed Ipswich for 11 seasons and guided them to five league championships and three Champions League victories plus a few domestic cups. My reputation is "world-wide", I'm described as a talented manager. My manager attributes are all very good (except domestic bias which is 1, and I believe those numbers don't mean anything for the game engine).

The thing is, I'm now at the end of my contract and I would want to take a new challenge. But nobody wants me! I'm in a world hall of fame, I should be a god damn legend and I'm currently coaching the Brazilian national team too. But still every big/semi-big team turns me down! Why?

One example: I have Italian as my second nationality. My favourite club is Juventus. I apply for Juve job - they turn me down. Same with Roma. Same with Olympique Lyonnais. Same with HSV! Come on, HSV?! I even tried to resign from my contract a month before it ended so they would approach me since I was unemployed but no offers whatsoever.

Can somebody please tell if they have similar problems? In real life almost every club in the world would compete for my services. Since this is a game I understand that it must offer some challenges so it shouldn't be super easy but some recognition of my status would be pretty great.

Is it because I'm a national manager? Big clubs want their manager to be exclusive to them? I love this save but I'm not sure I want to manage Livorno next (the only accepted job application). What should I do now? Should I resign from Brazil if I want to manage a big club? Should I stay without a club and wait for new jobs during the season? Any advice/comments would be appreciated.

Recession? Your wages are too much in these troubled times?

Yeah. :D My salary was 500k/month (euros) during my last season with Ipswich but I don't think that's a factor since Livorno approached me and offered about 35k/month.

The only thing I would put it down to is you managing Brazil. If you were the Chairman at Juventus would you want your manager jetting off to South America every month?

Well, I tested that theory (even though I wasn't sure the game engine would be that smart).

No effect whatsoever. Roma hired Jesus Ramirez, Mexico's U20 Team Manager and a complete loser who has been sacked from Huddersfield and Watford in the last couple of years for bringing in terrible results. So what's up with that?

I friggin' hate this game. Oh well, I'm just the only "world-class" manager in the game so it's natural that I'll go manage Pisa next...

EDIT: I'm a national manager of Brazil...I applied for Vasco job. I got turned down. I reloaded and resigned from Brazil and then applied for Vasco job. I got turned down. I'm sorry if this sounds whiny but I just have no idea what I have done wrong. This is really puzzling.

Guest josh9393

are you applying for these jobs too late? you should apply as soon as they become available, because otherwise someone else will have been offered the job already. just a thought.

are you applying for these jobs too late? you should apply as soon as they become available, because otherwise someone else will have been offered the job already. just a thought.

Yeah, I'm applying for these jobs as soon as they become available.

You probably need to quit your current job if you haven't already. Save it, quit and then look for a job.

Yeah, I've tried that as well. Not much luck with then either.

Funny thing happened. I declared interest for Real Madrid's job and they immediately fired their current manager. I thought now I have a great chance since my declaration clearly had an impact (in previous loads Real hadn't fired their manager) but they hired someone else. Weird.

Anyhow, while I was completely unemployed (resigned from both Ipswich and Brazil) and continued to be rejected by everybody I finally got a job from Bayern Munchen (Klinsmann had resigned and had signed for, suprise suprise, my old team Ipswich).

So finally I have a decent competitive side to manage. It's just so weird to see so many clubs turn me down for no apparent reason, the prime example being Juventus (I have Italian as second nationality and Juve as my favourite team). Well, I guess it just goes like that sometimes. I truly hope you guys have had better experiences since I'd hate it if this was to happen every time from now on.

Archived