The most games one player has played in a row for your club?

I'm vaguely curious to see how many games in a row a single player has played for your club (excluding friendlies). My current Keeper, my captain and Russia's, let's call him "Atkinson" to avoid naming the player has now played 624 matches in a row since signing some 10 years back. Sadly his record might be at an end, with him finally picking up an injury, a... Wait for it, bruised rib! 10 years, a bruised rib... Well, not strictly true, stubbed a toe or something in an offseason, raced for "fitness" then too to face Man City in the Community Shield.

I'm praying that the 35 year old's record isn't going to be ended by this little set back!

ha, mate thats awesome, if he can be selected, sacrifice a sub and chuck him in goal for the last 5 minutes!

If he can be selected, he's starting! He's a big boy, and if I can help it he's playing on until he physically can't anymore!

Though this is raising the question of who's going to replace him as captain when he is finally replaced by one of my millions of young goalies.

Very similar situation to this one in FM08 with a player, England Striker and probably the best player I've ever had on Football manager, let's call him Alex Campbell. Anyhow, the mighty Campbell was at the club from the age of 24-33 retiring with 370 odd goals for the club and around 490 appearances.

That's it, number 625 and solid performance number 620 (he's had 5 absolute shockers! Always makes up for them though)!

Not actually sure if it's possible to check, I just know about 'Atkinson' because I've actually not even considered picking another keeper since he signed.

The only way I can think of checking is by checking their games against games played over each season. That and injuries.

That's some achievement for him, he's lucky though that he's never had an injury for a week or 2 in the middle of a season.

I've noticed that keepers rarely ever get injured, it's strange. On the other hand my wingers get injured all the bloody time. My strikers and midfielders don't fair much better. Fullbacks and centerhalves are normally fine.

I've noticed that keepers rarely ever get injured, it's strange. On the other hand my wingers get injured all the bloody time. My strikers and midfielders don't fair much better. Fullbacks and centerhalves are normally fine.

My keepers are usually fine as well, but over the course of 10 years, you would expect at least a couple of weeks off. My defence seem to suffer injuries quite often, but they're normally fairly short-term.

My keepers are usually fine as well, but over the course of 10 years, you would expect at least a couple of weeks off. My defence seem to suffer injuries quite often, but they're normally fairly short-term.

My heart actually sank when I saw the commentary say: "'Atkinson is going to need the physio to come on". I immediately checked and sure enough he had a "Potential upper body injury".

I'm now stuck between having his record go on or blood a young keeper, and in truth I just don't think a young keeper is worth with him playing so well.

I think the closest player I have to his record is one of my fullbacks, with about 40ish games in a row one season.

I find its usually my goalkeeper who makes loads of apps. Not that im cursing my games but I havent really ever had a major Goalkeeping injury.

I had a keeper's career end (well, at least with me) due to injury, it's actually why I went on a search for a new one.

My heart actually sank when I saw the commentary say: "'Atkinson is going to need the physio to come on". I immediately checked and sure enough he had a "Potential upper body injury".

"Atkinson" the Russian keeper and captain - has to be the thinnest psedonym since Rayne Wooney ;)

Remind me - how to check the nature of the injury ingame?

"Atkinson" the Russian keeper and captain - has to be the thinnest psedonym since Rayne Wooney ;)

Remind me - how to check the nature of the injury ingame?

Go to the formation screen and just click on the player. Takes you to their profile and it has something about it under injuries.

i.e: Rayne Wooney has a potential foot injury.

You can actually do anything you really want during a match, it just pauses and you can look at anything.

Actually I think the worst would be Cris Kommons.

Can't remember what his injury was, and he's since retired so I can't check his history. He was out for around 4 months or something (not exactly career ending, but I couldn't wait on him that long) so I signed 'Atkinson' from CSKA Moscow on a free. Got to be up there with my best ever signing in football manager.

It may have been a hip injury come to think of it, I remember thinking it was a bit out of the blue.

I could go through with all of the years and all of the game's he's played, but I really can't be bothered. Here's his history page, annoying only for the league shown.

"Ian Atkinson"

Speaking of injured keepers, his understudy is out for 6 weeks with a broken finger!

I owuldnt like to think I was playing in goal under your management. Your new keeper seems the real deal. Ive only come up against him once when I was Man City against CSKA and he kept a clean sheet.

Am well impressed with his ever present record.

One Quick question have you had keepers sent off at all in your game?

I owuldnt like to think I was playing in goal under your management. Your new keeper seems the real deal. Ive only come up against him once when I was Man City against CSKA and he kept a clean sheet.

Am well impressed with his ever present record.

One Quick question have you had keepers sent off at all in your game?

I remember Roy Carroll getting sent off, forcing me to use Price for 3 something matches, where he nearly derailed my promotion push. I shouldn't have sold Bywater. I think was the only one.

I have killed the careers of 4 odd promising goalies, going on 5, and if this new 19 year old doesn't prove himself at the right time probably 6.

• 2 months later...
I'm vaguely curious to see how many games in a row a single player has played for your club (excluding friendlies). My current Keeper, my captain and Russia's, let's call him "Atkinson" to avoid naming the player has now played 624 matches in a row since signing some 10 years back. Sadly his record might be at an end, with him finally picking up an injury, a... Wait for it, bruised rib! 10 years, a bruised rib... Well, not strictly true, stubbed a toe or something in an offseason, raced for "fitness" then too to face Man City in the Community Shield.

I'm praying that the 35 year old's record isn't going to be ended by this little set back!

Why can't you say his name? Lol

624, impressive :)

It's bugging me no one will say it! Akinfeev damnit!!

That's some achievement. However, as an aside, I'd like to see more 'keeper mishaps e.g.: injuries, sendings off etc. as at the moment having a keeper on the bench isn't really necessary (it's certainly worth the gamble of not having one on the bench) but at the moment I feel that if I don't have a keeper on the bench it's cheating! Although with the coming of 7 subs across the English leagues this will be less of an issue... Anyhoo, I'm rambling! Night night.

lol check out the screenshot he didn't cover up the name properly.

By the way on fm07 as liverpool reina got sent off twice in my first two seasons for bringing a player down in the box, it really is annoying when stuff like that happens.

Archived