(fm09)Is it possible to manage some lesser African nations?

In FM2009, is it possible to manage the likes of Ethiopia, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Djibouti and Lesotho?

I have tried the "load all players from nation x" thing, but I get only a small handful of players, making them therefore unmanagable.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

In FM2009, is it possible to manage the likes of Ethiopia, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Djibouti and Lesotho?

I have tried the "load all players from nation x" thing, but I get only a small handful of players, making them therefore unmanagable.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

You'd need their clubs to become affiliates to start producing newgens.

Not sure what type of club you need as parent/feeder though, cos some never seem to produce newgens, whereas others do.

I did a stint as manager of Nigeria... they had at all times 3 keepers: 2 lousy ones and 1 not that lousy. Needless to say: it's hard, very hard.

Unfortunatly you can't add leagues or anything later on, or load specific countries to get new players while you're already playing.

Once you have loaded all of their players it will start creating new players to keep up the population from that nation so its likely that in a few seasons they might become manageable. Also loading sensible leagues my be useful, if you want the mighty São Tomé and Principe, manage in the portuguese leagues for a bit and try to bring through players from there and give yourself that nationality too.

Archived