10 red cards in last 12 league games!

What is going on? I have had 10 red cards in my last 12 league games, one red in each game. Most of these games the player has been sent off in the first half, so i have a very slim chance of getting a good result.

I had my tackling set to normal and even changed it to easy for the last few games and still i am getting players sent off. Is this a bug at all? I have the latest patch.

Never seen anything like it - ridiculous! What can i do???

How do you discipline your players?

If you're getting that many, I suggest handing out two-week fines for a couple of months.

Could also be your captain, or your assistant manager (level of discipline).

Or it could be your tactic which might, say, encourage opposing fast strikers to get past a high defensive line, so the defender that tries to get back fouls often and is the "last man" (red card).

So secondly, how are they getting sent off?

How do you discipline your players?

If you're getting that many, I suggest handing out two-week fines for a couple of months.

Could also be your captain, or your assistant manager (level of discipline).

Or it could be your tactic which might, say, encourage opposing fast strikers to get past a high defensive line, so the defender that tries to get back fouls often and is the "last man" (red card).

So secondly, how are they getting sent off?

Thanks for responding...

A lot of the cards are 2 yellows - mostly bad tackles. True, one of my players has been straight red carded twice and his aggression is 18! He was my captain last season but i changed it.

I've usually just warned the player for his dismissal and only fined the last one that got sent off, which he thought was unfair!

I'll check the AssMan's stats out. Perhaps my line is too high like you said, i'll change a few things and see how i get on.

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks for responding...

A lot of the cards are 2 yellows - mostly bad tackles. True, one of my players has been straight red carded twice and his aggression is 18! He was my captain last season but i changed it.

I've usually just warned the player for his dismissal and only fined the last one that got sent off, which he thought was unfair!

I'll check the AssMan's stats out. Perhaps my line is too high like you said, i'll change a few things and see how i get on.

Thanks for the advice!

No problem.

If you're getting a lot of bad tackles, consider ensuring your defenders never get into those silly situations. Things like tight marking (so they don't go charging into tackles a distance away), lower defensive line (so they don't run back), normal tackling, less closing down, and so on.

Some players will find fines unfair, true, but then again, you're finishing over 80% of your most recent matches with 10 or less men! I'd say that's a bit of a "crisis" which needs solving.

So if the tackles could really be avoided, then fine them - but if it's your tactic which is getting them into trouble, then sort that out (and warn them).

Archived