Football Manager 2009 running slow.

My FM09 has started running real slow now and it's almost impossible for me to have the internet and FM running at the same time.

It was fine when I 1st got the game but now it is just to slow... Can anybody give me anytipes to make it faster.

I have scanned my PC and everything and I don't run many leagues just English down to league 2 on a large database.

• Administrators

Well the further into the game you go the more data is stored within your save which would theoretically make it run slower. What sort of system (as in terms of spec) do you have?

It's when I 1st start with a new team not just on a long save.

Erm... I have no idea about specs LOL so I couldn't tell you, it's just that laptop in the link.

I have done a full restore on my laptop and have lost everything but it's worth it if I can get a decent game of FM going.

Open task manager and check which application uses a lot of CPU. You might have something crappy installed like itunes.

On the other hand you might be expecting too much from FM. It is by far the slowest game ever made and it will be slow on the fastest machine available.

Open task manager and check which application uses a lot of CPU. You might have something crappy installed like itunes.

On the other hand you might be expecting too much from FM. It is by far the slowest game ever made and it will be slow on the fastest machine available.

I have to agree with this. Even with improvements made in the patch, it's slow on my Alienware AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ desktop, with threading ticked and unticked. Oddly, it's actually a little bit quicker on my single core laptop.

I've been finding FM09 slow as well.

I actually did a speed test to compare FM08 and FM09 today by holidaying on both while I was working this afternoon.

With the same setups, FM08 took 1 hour to get through a season, while FM09 took 1 hour and 45 minutes.

What's more is, having loaded up FM08 for a look after all this time, I was surprised to find how much more responsive it is and how much quicker everything seems to work on it. In comparison, FM09 just seems so unresponsive and seems to just languidly process through the game.

Anyway, I swear FM09 has got slower since I first installed it. When I first got FM09, I did a holiday test to see how many leagues I could comfortably run and it was only slightly slower than FM08 back then. So something has changed.

I have recently defragged my hard drives and had a big tidy up to see if I can get FM09 to go a bit faster but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. I've turned off 3D to see if I can speed things up but now I've found my 2D classic is going stuttery and jerky when I get a goal highlight coming up. This might well be the final nail in the coffin of FM09 for me.

Anyone got any other tips of how to speed FM09 up?

I've got an Intel Core 2 1.66GHz processor and 4gb RAM so I should be fine really.

C.

I've already got mine on 'high performance'.

I actually found that I was loading all players from England in a DDT file that I had forgotten about. I'm surprised but turning that off has actually speeded things up quite a bit.

I also turned off anti-virus and MSN. Didn't make much difference in all honesty.

Still fairly slow though. Not sure what it would be like if I was loading some more nations.

My 2D is still stuttering on the highlights even with anti-virus off. :(

C.

Archived