Building a new stadium

Hi All,

Just a very quick question, from your own experiences what criteria must a team have before a new stadium will be built?

I'm currently in a long term game and the club i'm managing has a worldwide reputation. The stadium has a capacity of 23032 all seater which is in very good condition. My average attendence for the last two seasons is 22397 & 22911 and i have been told we are projected to sell 15000 season tickets this season so the stadium is consistantly packed out.

My bank balance at the moment is about £78 million and the club has enjoyed alot of success in the last few years.

Every time i ask for a stadium expansion im told the council will not allow it as there isnt enough room.

Surely this club is a prime target for a new stadium? How much money do you generally need to have in the bank also do people find?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Be patient and wait, if you consistently fill out your stadiums for almost every game, then there's high chance the board will approve the construction of a new stadium if your current ground is unable to expand further.

Your bank balance seems pretty healthy to me at the moment. I would recommend saving up to about £100 million.

However, I don't see the balance as an issue in this case as the board will probably sell the old stadium for some cash and take a bank loan.

Good luck with your new stadium!

PS:Try doing a search next time. I'm pretty sure another kind soul has already answered a similar question.

Cheers for the reply lads, i genuinely did search first! but couldnt find much about it.

Docklanders, i managed to find your thread, when you approach your board did you actually have an option to request a new stadium?

All i have at the moment is request to expand the stadium.

yeah, you cant unfortunately request organizing blueprints and hiring architects for a new stadium design, all we can do is ask for expansions, which sadly, dont seem to work as i have got to the point where my stadium is at maximum expansion :(

I don't think your bank balance matters that much at all for building a new stadium. At least it didn't for me, fortunately. I'm managing Liverpool, and I finally got a new stadium started after the 2018 season. At that time, my bank balance was about 5 million pounds, that's it. The new stadium cost 267m for me. Sold Anfield for 67m. Took a loan for 190m. I don't know where the other 10m came from. But pretty soon after I got the new stadium message, I got another message saying chairman is loaning the club 110m. So that might be where the other 10m came from.

But yeah, I guess bottom line is you just have to wait. And I don't know if it matter, but I kept asking the board for expansion every year, knowing that they would say not enough space. I still did it anyway.

Hi All,

Just a very quick question, from your own experiences what criteria must a team have before a new stadium will be built?

I'm currently in a long term game and the club i'm managing has a worldwide reputation. The stadium has a capacity of 23032 all seater which is in very good condition. My average attendence for the last two seasons is 22397 & 22911 and i have been told we are projected to sell 15000 season tickets this season so the stadium is consistantly packed out.

My bank balance at the moment is about £78 million and the club has enjoyed alot of success in the last few years.

Every time i ask for a stadium expansion im told the council will not allow it as there isnt enough room.

Surely this club is a prime target for a new stadium? How much money do you generally need to have in the bank also do people find?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mate i think im probably one of the only people who have played this game to actually have a whole new stadium built for me after years of requesting expansions. This is how it happened for me:

I took Kings lynn to near the top for three seasons in a row in the premiership (took me 7 seasons to get to the premiership). I had a 8,000 stadium which was only expanded to 10,000 due to a lack of space in the area. In my 2nd season in the premier league i qualified for the champions league and got knocked out in the first knock out round the following season.

I had about 18 million in the bank towards the end of that season and then when it finished i was given 22 million for champions league tv rights. About a week later the board made my day and said they will build me a brand new 30,300 stadium called King's Lynn Stadium lol. And it will be completed in 2 years time. So i was very happy and im currently a year from the big day!

I am confused why you havent been given a stadium yet because of your success and you have double the money i had. All i can say i keep playing and filling your stadium even though the board wont allow it now they will eventually, it took my board 10 seasons! I have read on the football manger wiki website that it requires alot of luck to have one built apprantly. :) Good luck!

Archived