Match postponements and rearrangements of matches FM09

I have an issue on the postponements and rearrangements of games in FM09.

First off I think it is great how games are now postponed due to adverse weather and this is a welcome addition that adds a lot of realism to the game especially for the lower leagues. However the frequency and consistency seem very random.

For example only one or two games are postponed each match day in the whole of England. We should be seeing games called off en masse and the football schedule being decimated like what has happened this season and countless other seasons in the past. I don’t want to see just 2 games off in the whole of England as this seems random and unrealistic. Also the location of grounds should be taken into consideration. Some regionalisation of postponements and some consistency too the weather would be great.

Secondly when a game is called off due to the weather it should not just be put back 3-4 days and played during the following week as this is extremely unrealistic. It takes weeks to organise and arrange a game to take place. For example if my game is postponed on the 1st January the new date should not just automatically be the 3-4th Jan but as in real life towards the end of January or even into February.

This would allow teams to get a few games in hand and make the game more realistic and interesting especially towards the end of season.

One last thing a game should not be arranged for a date that you already have a game for causing that game to be rearranged. I had it in one of my games were a game was called off on the Saturday and rearranged for the Wednesday which I already find unrealistic (see above), however, this game was then postponed due to the weather and rearranged for the following Saturday when I already had another game arranged. The game game that was already scheduled for the following Saturday was then moved. This would never happen.

Hope you can understand what I am getting at and hopefully someone from SI will see this and do something about it.

Had my 1st postponement last night, managing Chelmsford. In January so the timing is about right.

If there is enough time to play the game 3-4days later the FA will do that. Just depends when you can fit it in

• 3 weeks later...

I think I had about 12 postponements in a season down in the BSP. The pitch was a mess and we couldn't seem to get a game in. Most were moved about 3 games down the track though so it seemed okay to me, that mightve been due to the congestion of the backlog of postponed matches.

Bunch a wussies... cancelling due to weather.

There's an outbreak of Swine Influenza in Mexico - 84 have died because of this ailment - but they still showed up to play football this weekend.

Of course, they played in front of nobody except the coaching staff, camera crews and seagulls. ;)

------

I like the idea, too OP!

try playing in the bulgarian league, were there's a winter break of 90 days due to the weather, the last game before the break you play on a frozen pitch, the first game after the break its covered in snow, also its like starting a whole new season you have to have friendlys agin to get your players back up to speed.

Archived