Captaincy and Mental Attribute progression

Just a quick question:

Does putting a player as your captain/ Vice cap. cause increases in mental attributes over time, such as influence, teamwork etc.?

And, does the age of the player also affect this i.e. will older players improve in this area less than younger ones (or is it the other way round)?

Just a quick question:

Does putting a player as your captain/ Vice cap. cause increases in mental attributes over time, such as influence, teamwork etc.?

And, does the age of the player also affect this i.e. will older players improve in this area less than younger ones (or is it the other way round)?

Younger players improve faster in mental attributes, but older players degenerate in physical attributes that releases CA that can be redistributed into mental attributes wherever they can perform to a high level. Physical attributes have a profound impact on the effectiveness of a player, especially in the recovery of mistakes caused by inferior mental attributes. If your older player can make up for his lack of physical ability through mental capability then on-pitch the situation is fine and in relation to captaincy he is probably a good choice.

I have not noticed captaincy itself influencing mental attributes.

thanks,

I was just thinking that putting the pressure of captaincy on a player would make certain attributes improve.

This is both a logical and interesting suggestion, but I have seen no evidence that it currently exists and it is probably low down on the priority table. However I am not sure as to what attributes would be influenced, as currently motivation is a major factor but attribute influence is not. Do players actually improve in attributes when made Captain or are they just more highly motivated?

Archived