Thumbs up for SI...

I know you guys get a lot of slack and forums mainly contain people complaining (pretty much any forum is made to complain :D)

However I post today not to complain but to just quickly post a well done.

I was one of those lost customers who went from being a 6k forum poster and tester to fobbing FM each year since 2005.

Quite frankly, I havent enjoyed a career game with FM - EVER.

I tried to get into the game but 2006 was my last effort. I still helped on testing because I wanted the game to improve, but on a personal level I never played more than 1-2 seasons as the series needed a change.

Well I finally got myself to start a career, started unemployed, I applied to quite a few teams a long the way but Watford picked me up :thdn: or :thup: is yet to be decided.

I actually felt like it was a REAL FIRST DAY at the job. I was actually approached by members of staff, coaches already had reports done etc.

I even had a few paragraphs to read about Watfords past, saw a huge history of their league and once again....I started using my imagination, almost pretending I was actually being showed around by some rep from the club.

We all know, when the imagination kicks in, the inner child is working and we might actually get to enjoy a long career with the game since the days of CM!.

The last game I enjoyed was CM4 - 03/04 where I had a Napoli game that spanned over 20 seasons and it was a game I played with a mate on weekends over loads of beers. My mates still talk about it!

Since FM came out the first day of playing had glaring problems. Useless scouts, media and assistants and I end up binning the game.

This time I actually AGREED (wow!) with everything my scouts, assistant and coaches had to say.

They even gave me a list of people I should buy and I managed to get a very decent signing from it for free.

I am well aware of the match engines little issues and difficulty, but I actually have a few guides printed off. (I am usually a poor manager anyway :D ).

So anyway, without making this a story about my Watford career...

...Just wanted to post a thanks. Having a lot of fun with my first few hours of 1.0.3.

Archived