Has anyone successfully chosen their own Feeder Club?

I've been rejected 4 times in a row now as Barcelona.

Im selecting clubs with no Parent Club, sitting in the Second Divisions of their respective countries or lower and yet the board tells me the link is rejected by the club i've chosen. So far i've gone 2 from Spain and 2 from France, now it's onto Italy.

So has anyone successfully managed to choose a club to partner with?

I can't even get the type of feeder I want, the board comes back saying it can't find any!

Yeah that's an issue i've suffered in FM08 and now FM09

If i ask for a National Loan option in Spain, the board never finds any.

I wish SI would make some info available about how the AI looks for Feeder Clubs and what criteria it uses so i wouldn't have to endure such frustration.

The closest I've come was trying to get a Div III Belgian club (as top-4 Prem side). The message back said an agreement had been successfully negotiated but the link was vetoed by the board because they felt it would be detrimental to the club.

its a lot easier to get what you want in 09. in fm08 i didnt manage to get a single feeder when i was given a choice of what type, with 09 i was asked what i wanted(im peterborough utd in the prem 2015) i asked for foreign feeder for the old wp issue and i got antwerp.

i also on two different occassions asked for a specific club first doncaster and then a few months later yeovil and i got them both so it can be done

its a lot easier to get what you want in 09. in fm08 i didnt manage to get a single feeder when i was given a choice of what type, with 09 i was asked what i wanted(im peterborough utd in the prem 2015) i asked for foreign feeder for the old wp issue and i got antwerp.

i also on two different occassions asked for a specific club first doncaster and then a few months later yeovil and i got them both so it can be done

How do you manage to ask for a specific club? What do you have to do for that?

As Rangers in 3rd season they let me pick club so i tryed my local team who are non league and they couldnt do it so i picked a div 1 team who have nt got a big squad knowing that i could send my youth players and they would be playing every week and it worked. ive now got 2 feeder teams in div below me and 4 of my players in each team are playing most weeks which brings them on abit. Only prob is one of the teams is well top of the league and they will get promoted which means the board will have to cancel link because we will be in same league:(

After a few seasons I was given the option of choosing what sort of feeder club I would prefer ie financial link up etc

That happens to everyone once you've been there a year or 2.

I mean specifically choosing a club (which you can do after several seasons)

I just tried to choose Bolougne from Ligue2 in France and failed again in the 5th attempt.

I think i might just use an editor to fix a link, getting frustrated now :)

Archived