Buying regens is addictive

The stats of the good regens are incredible, and I can't stop piling up my youth team with them. There's a lot more quality regens than quality players originally at the start of the game. With regens I can build a masterful team on the cheap for Portsmouth. I'm spending all my time on regens, not even getting round to playing matches anymore.

Anyone else get this problem?

I don't know why, but i love buying regens. Even to the extent that after a few seasons i won't buy a promising player if he isn't one.

I'm a bit like that, possibly down to the 'surprise factor' where you really don't know how good they will become.

I don't know why, but i love buying regens. Even to the extent that after a few seasons i won't buy a promising player if he isn't one.

To be fair, after a few seasons, promising players would be mostly regens...

But I agree with the main point. I love buying regens and bringing them through. Not quite addicted tho.

I signed a regen for my spurs team at the start of the 2015/16 season.

He was an argentinian cm whose stats in the first column were all basically 18/19 barring 1 or 2- the best I had ever seen and he was only 19.

The bugger had just moved to Hull on a free tho but I wanted him straight away so he cost me 24m even though his value was only 5m- worth every penny tho - he had a great season and by his mid 20s he shud be the best midfielder on the game.

Great when you find a diamond like that! Regen hunting is top quality!

I dunno maybe im weird but i hate regens,every year when the new intake comes I release all of them right away. I never buy and play any regens, i just think its unrealistic to play them coz they are not real ppl,So every save I wont go very far since players get old,at most I would play 10 - 12 seasons then stop coz all the real players got old

The bugger had just moved to Hull on a free tho but I wanted him straight away so he cost me 24m even though his value was only 5m- worth every penny tho - he had a great season and by his mid 20s he shud be the best midfielder on the game.

Great when you find a diamond like that! Regen hunting is top quality!

You call that regen hunting?If you found him first and you got him for free that would be regen hunting.But that is not possible cus the AI instantly finds the great regens even if the were in the game only 1 day :(

The stats of the good regens are incredible, and I can't stop piling up my youth team with them. There's a lot more quality regens than quality players originally at the start of the game. With regens I can build a masterful team on the cheap for Portsmouth. I'm spending all my time on regens, not even getting round to playing matches anymore.

Anyone else get this problem?

I've got this problem - at least I had until my current save where I'm disciplining myself to a limited squad and grabbing maybe 2 or 3 regens per year.

If you're piling up with great regens you must be doing what I do - cheating by using ScoutGenie to cherry-pick the best. Otherwise, you'd be finding that most regens are in fact rubbish and wouldn't make your first team.

I had the same problem in FM07. I solved it in following way:

1) Decided not to buy ANY players. As I'm playing with Ajax, it's not a big problem as my own regens are good enough and i'm dedicating my time to developing them (trainingn, tutoring etc.).

2) From time to time I feel too attempted, so I've got a lot of great youngsters shortlisted and as my assistant announces that one of them will be out of contract soon, I'll sign him. It's like a policy to never play any transfer fee for a player. I'm also not buying any older players, just get a young talent to replace older player that I have sold.

I always try and bring regens thru if I can see their potential - so I don't just go out and buy the best new kids on the block!

But I had to have the Argentinian lad from Hull - he's the best I've seen for a player that age on any fm - so I don't think you can have a go at me for that - I think most would have done the same!

Archived