60+ matches, 10% of training into new position and still a dark yellow dot

As the title says I have been training a young MC to play as MR since a year and a half and he played on that position for more than 60 matches but, despiting that, when I place into the MR position it appears a dark yellow dot like it was the first month. He is a natural MC so there is also not so much difference playing as MR.

Of course he is been training into his new position since 2 years and he plays on that position since 2 years.

How can I modify his brain in order to avoid his lobotomized grey head material strikes back again and again ?

Thanks

some players just cannot adapt as well to new positions. it helps if they can already play in that position more or less. ryan babel on the game, i think, is a green dot for attacking right. but a red for midfield right. so i retrain him as midfield right and he turns green after a few months.

The hidden VERSATILITY attribute is important to how well players learn a new position. If his is low, you're wasting your time.

Do you mean that despiting 2 years of training and matches and the same future ahead , I won't be able to do a step forward the dark yellow dot ?

thanks

to be honest i'm skeptical to positional rating having too much of a weighting in the match engine anyway because i've played people out of position eg DC's at DR/L or MC's at MR/L or MR/L in MC or FCs at AM R/L with good performances (quite regularly too) regardless

I played my regen who is natural at CM, AMC RM and AMR at striker gave him creative settings and despite him having no position for stiker he play 4 games scored 3 goals assisted 2 and averaged 7.8 for the game he played at striker. Maybe stats are just as or maybe more important than postional ability.

Archived