If I view a thread on these forums it now stays "red" rather than turning "grey" as it used to do.

Whan I look at a new thread in here, the thread title appears in red.

After I have clicked on it, the thread title changes in colour from red to grey, (clearly indicating that I have read the thread).

This gives me a clear indication of new posts in threads I am interested in.

Somehow, I have a feeling that I have done somthing to my PC which now means that the thread title is staying red, even after I have read the thread.

Does anyone have any idea as to how I might go about fixing this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

Whan I look at a new thread in here, the thread title appears in red.

After I have clicked on it, the thread title changes in colour from red to grey, (clearly indicating that I have read the thread).

This gives me a clear indication of new posts in threads I am interested in.

Somehow, I have a feeling that I have done somthing to my PC which now means that the thread title is staying red, even after I have read the thread.

Does anyone have any idea as to how I might go about fixing this annoying problem?

Thanks in advance.

I had an odd logging in issue earlier my name was appearing on the list at top but i had the login link at top right of the forums. Due to this all the posts were red for me even after viewing, took my doing a ctrl+f5 for the site to realise i was logged in and the post colours to return to normal.

Give this a try it might work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

Have you disabled cookies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not unless I've done it without knowing it.

I don't even know how if I'm honest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Unless you have cleared your internet history then im not sure why it is happening </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, pretty sure I haven't done that but my son has been on the pc over the weekend so.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I don't think so because I have rebooted many times without an issue and haven't rebooted in the last week and as for the cookies I have never had a problem before so it is very strange. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close and then re-open your internet browser.

Jimbo I have same problems. Started happening to me as soon as I click on a members name to view the 'last post' in a thread. Soon as I do that the thread title reverts back to red from grey. No idea why.

No, you're barking up the wrong tree.

The old threads that I viewed are still grey, but new threads that I click on and read are not turning grey.

It's not a problem with the history. It's a problem with the current, (if that makes sense).

If I have a look on this front page for example....

8.02 Patch Change list.

8.02 deedback thread.

(defenders scoring like crazy).

Kipfizh thread.

These are all threads that I have looked at in the past and are all grey.

Threads that I have looked at over the weekend however, are still red.

This one we are in.

Eduardo.

Who is your greatest player ever in fm.

The number of goals in 8.02.

Doesn't make any sense to me icon_confused.gif.

If you go into the tools tab, and then to options, then you can change the coulours of clicked and unclicked links (in firefox it's content then colours, in IE it might be slightly different, but I'm pretty sure it exists).

Now I would expect that if this was changed, it would affect both old and new, and I would also assuume that the site overrides the browser defaults (because they are blue and purple google-colours as default on mine).

But I don't actually know because I've never changed it on mine.

So it probably isn't that, but if you can't think of anything else, look in there and see if it's seting clicked links to red.

If I click on the favourites star in the top left corner.

Then I move across to click on history.

I can view all my historical searches/visits from Thursday and before.

But...... The Friday file isn't there at all.

And...... The Saturday file is empty.

But...... Sunday seems to be working as normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

Has the history been changed to remember clicked links for 0 days? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any idea how I check this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

click on 'tools' and then internet options and you'll get all the options there.

Archived