Game Runs Fine One Day Then Doesnt the Next

Hi,

I have been playing FM2009 with my brother on our home network. We are having terrible trouble with the speed of the game at times.

We will play it one day and it is super fast and runs fine for many hours, then we turn it on the next day and its awfuly slow to a point where you just cant play the game!!

The game is running off a Dell XPS Laptop with the following spec

Windows Vista Ultimate

Intel Core2 Extreme CPU X7900 @ 2.80GHz

4GB RAM

400GB HDD

The game has the lastest patches installed!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Do you have any virus software running? If so, try making sure you are offline when you play and turn it off for a day -- if you can bare to be offline for a whole day. Just as a test, of course.

I had this same issue when I had FM08. In the mornings it ran fine, but then in the evenings, MacAfee did a background scan of my PC which lasted about 3 hours and basically slowed things down to a crawl. I didn't realise this and wasn't clever enough to turn it off. It was near the end of its life anyway and I have Norton now with no probs on 09.

It's not really at a certain time of day! I could play all day one day and it would run fine switch it back on the following morning and it would be at a crawl!! I have avg free as a anti virus but have disabled the auto scan!!

It eaither switches on and runs fine and will run fine for hours or switches on and is at a crawl and unplayable!!

Try putting the game into Windows XP Compatibility Mode :) Create a desktop shortcut, go to properties, go to the compatibility tab, then from the list, select Windows XP Service Pack 1/2/3 etc. Tick the box above it as well :) Then click apply and then ok. Then try processing the game and see how fast it is :)

Hope that speeds up your game mate :D

In that case, i have no idea mate :confused: Try PM'ing ahmufcwafc (Or Alan for short) as he is has the solution to virtually every problem with the game. Also try jod123 but i think he is offline at the moment.

Or alternativley you could advise people to post the bugs forum. Strange idea I know but this gets monitored by people who actually get paid to fix problems rather than drowning poor Alan in PM's when he isnt always going to be online and may want to you know actaully play the game :thup:

In that case, i have no idea mate :confused: Try PM'ing ahmufcwafc (Or Alan for short) as he is has the solution to virtually every problem with the game. Also try jod123 but i think he is offline at the moment.

Yes, I know everything :cool:

....Except the answer to this question. So now I know why I've been getting a heapload of PM's lately. :D

Or alternativley you could advise people to post the bugs forum. Strange idea I know but this gets monitored by people who actually get paid to fix problems rather than drowning poor Alan in PM's when he isnt always going to be online and may want to you know actaully play the game :thup:

Huw leave the lad alone, its not his fault he can be an idiot sometimes! :D

Archived