Will there be a quick fix for co-ownership bug?

I've looked all over the forum about this as its pretty important to me, i'm reluctant to continue on my main career game on 09 because its with Lazion in Serie A. With 9.3 came the co-ownership bug and tough SI have acknowledged its there, they haven't stated if they are releasing a quick-fix for this, or 9.3.1 or whatever for Italian league players

I don't wanna bitch about SI or FM, I think 09 is a great game and I can bare with little bugs, but this bug seriously ruins it for me, and basically after waiting months after paying 30 quid to buy this game, I personally haven't got a working version of this game. Obviously most won't care because I suspect the majority play in the English leagues, but I personally prefer Italian football to English and I am more of a career gamer than a quick few seasons - so when I see all the big clubs spending 36mil for half of a player, then selling that half days later for 10mil, well that just ruins it for me

Also, I don't want to go back to 9.2 now either, the match engine was seriously bad on that and I'm happy with everything on 9.3 bar this bug which has put me off playing FM until there is a fix

Would be cool to get the official word from SI about this

cheers

So that is it? Any fans of Italian football have essentially spent 30 pounds for something that doesn't work.

This bug is obviously a problem for them so I understand it can't be a "quick fix" - but if anything, it'd be good if they released a 9.3.1 for us italian league fans without what happened to cause the new error for co-ownerships. I suspect the majority of us didn't know about the initial co-ownership bug of being able to buy any player cheaply, which was something there only for users of the game to exploit if they wanted to. I didn't know myself until I read on here, nor would I exploit it now if it got changed back to that - but thats not really the issue. The fact is, with this new bug, you can't choose to ignore it because its in your face -example: when you see in the news that Juventus have spent 40mil for half of Marek Hamsik, then Roma come in and buy both halves for 10mil the day after it just destroys the whole feeling of the game

As I said, would be nice to hear some official feedback from SI rather than that they're "aware of it" - that doesn't mean anything. If you're not going to fix this for us and just concentrate on FM10 then just admit it instead of letting me and anyone else live with false optimism :)

So that is it? Any fans of Italian football have essentially spent 30 pounds for something that doesn't work.

This bug is obviously a problem for them so I understand it can't be a "quick fix" - but if anything, it'd be good if they released a 9.3.1 for us italian league fans without what happened to cause the new error for co-ownerships. I suspect the majority of us didn't know about the initial co-ownership bug of being able to buy any player cheaply, which was something there only for users of the game to exploit if they wanted to. I didn't know myself until I read on here, nor would I exploit it now if it got changed back to that - but thats not really the issue. The fact is, with this new bug, you can't choose to ignore it because its in your face -example: when you see in the news that Juventus have spent 40mil for half of Marek Hamsik, then Roma come in and buy both halves for 10mil the day after it just destroys the whole feeling of the game

As I said, would be nice to hear some official feedback from SI rather than that they're "aware of it" - that doesn't mean anything. If you're not going to fix this for us and just concentrate on FM10 then just admit it instead of letting me and anyone else live with false optimism :)

SI don't bother finishing games - they just expect you to buy the next version which may or may not have fixed the issue. There are many issues they have been 'aware of' for several versions which they haven't bothered addressing so don't get your hopes up.

SI don't bother finishing games - they just expect you to buy the next version which may or may not have fixed the issue. There are many issues they have been 'aware of' for several versions which they haven't bothered addressing so don't get your hopes up.

That's uncalled for. The fact is, there won't be any more patches. My assumption is that it was too complex for the patch and is being worked on for FM10. I can understand David's disappointment if it is a game-breaker for managing in Italy.

That's uncalled for. The fact is, there won't be any more patches. My assumption is that it was too complex for the patch and is being worked on for FM10. I can understand David's disappointment if it is a game-breaker for managing in Italy.

Uncalled for? I beg your pardon but whether you like it or not it is the reality. You said the same thing yourself only you took an apologetic tone whereas I didn't.

SI said that they would only release another patch if there was a major bug in 9.3.0, so there may still be hope but like the others on here, i doubt that it will actually be released or even created as FM 2010 is the priority now

This is a major bug - but my point us, surely they can just cut out the fix for co-ownership and replace it with the old version for any italian league players? Would be cool if SI would reply themselves rather than just endlessly speculating..

This is a major bug - but my point us, surely they can just cut out the fix for co-ownership and replace it with the old version for any italian league players? Would be cool if SI would reply themselves rather than just endlessly speculating..

SI have confirmed that they won't make more patches unless, like hamilton said, there is a major major bug. Do you seriously expect them to repeat themselves in every thread like this?

Le't be fair, it does work. It doesn't work means that the game doesn't load, or that it breaks after doing a season (like the old serie C bug).

I'm Italian, I always play in Italy and I'm in my 4th season. Therefore it works. There is the bug, it makes the big Italian teams throw away money, but it does work.

Archived