Financial problems

my club gela are doing well in there league but when i looked at my finances i was confused on why i was losing money im 1.3k under my wage budget and there nothing else i can do does anyone know why i am losing money and how i can resolve it

:)ollie

only other thing i can think off is any loans from banks or monthly payments from players that have left the club maybe?? if not, then im not to sure.

got the same problem with oldham, i get no money for new players

EDIT: Monthly payments being tranfer fees that still have to be paid off

Your expenditure is more than your income, hence you are losing money.

Main expenditure is always wages, how much are you spending on wages per month? Do wages spent equal gate receipts income?

Try and find a Parent Club who can give you income every season, but only small amounts usually. If you are really short then try arranging friendlys with the big clubs like AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc, this will ensure you get a full-house at home and bring some income.

Have a look at wages (especially) and match-day costs. Then check your receipts for the month. It's possible to be within your wage budget but lose cash month-on-month because your gate receipts are less than your wage expenditure. This'll be because wage budgets are (I think) calculated against total turnover for the season before. From what I can see on my game, that's the case, anyway.

Your turnover will obviously include season ticket sales, bonuses for cup progress, money for final league place, and sponsorship, as well as gate receipts.

It'll still depend on income. He could have a budget of £15k per week, say (depending on division), and only be spending £12k. But if his wages (plus bonuses) comes out at £50-60k per month and the match-day costs are £20k, and his receipts are only £40k per month, then obviously there's a significant shortfall there. The solution would be to cut costs further, with the difficulty then being in staying successful whilst spending less.

Having massive probs myself with finances i`m trying get a better understanding of it to but so far all i can work out is :

INCOME SCREEN

Gate Receipts : (8582 ave. Attendence - 2662 season ticket holders = 5920 X 15 Ticket price = £88`800 X 23 = £2`042`400.00) , (season ticket sales (2662 tickets X £281 Price = £748`022.00, TOTAL SALES ROUGHLY £2`790`422.00

Thats with no cup run or friendly`s it`s been another £311`401.00 so doing ok

Tv revenue : seem to get steady money but did get massive pay off for live game against blackburn in cup so Cup run does help

Merchandising : very rarely changes season to season unless relagation/promotion so look at previous year

Players Sold : you can work that out

Prize Money : given when win cup games and end of season placement in league

INvestments : Cash injection/Board Takeover ?????? (Never had any money here)

Interest : Only if Youre out of the red!

Sponsorship : Only Ever seen Shirt Sponsorship Money never seen money for advertising boards or stuff like that

Match Day Income : Food stands , programmes , drink sales etc....

Grants : Youth grants for having youth team not sure about other grants available

Fund raising : UNsure as to how much you can gather depends on club

Other : No idea whats involved but made almost 200k last year?

EXPENSES SCREEN

Wages : should be kept within ticket sales (unsure if it includes staff wages as well as player wages)

Non football Costs : Not 100% sure but Gifts to hospitals local schools local youth coaching days etc....

Bonuses : apperence , goal , clean sheet bonuses (Can be very expensive if you dont watch it closely)

Signing on fee`s : Just what it says Again keep to minimal

Dividends : Profits at end of year split between shareholders but not sure how works in football

Players Bought : again keep to minimal use free transfers or offer 0 for any players who`s on market at less than 15k you`ll normally get them

Ground Maintenance : Keep close eye after each Home game you can figure out quick enough

League Fines : Dont argue About Decisions against team an dfine players for red cards and you`ll keep this at 0

Loan Repayments : is what it is

Tax : Not sure how work out what u pay over year but normally the same as year before except promotion/relegation

Other : could be anything

Match day Expenses : Printing Programs, Paying Staff (Cops, Stewards, Etc...)

Renewal signing on fees : Never offer myself

First time doing this let me know if wrong i`ll try again

CarlisleFinance.jpg

CarlisleExpenses.jpg

as you can see only just been looking at this recently made few sales to get in money and now trying to bit by bit save money hope in 2 year period can even everything out

CarlisleReservegames.jpg

CarlisleFixtures.jpg

As you see had a lot of small cups which have worked well and give me alot of income using alot of greyed out players

and 4 cup games for 1st team all away yet have managed over £650K

alot of work to be done but hoping i`m on right path if any ideas urself please let me know

cheers

think thats mainly to do with player sales, still losing money though ;)

But i took that as part of lower league football. A lot of clubs need to sell to stay afloat + the odd cup run can help for a season or 2.

The main thing is to make sure that every month, your income in more then your expenditure - obvious right - but now you need to find out what you can do to help this without having to sell players.

Trimming wages is normally the done thing. Can you address that?

Yeah, lower league sides do tend to lose cash on a month to month basis. A couple of high-profile friendlies in pre-season, transfers, and a cup-run are needed. Plus don't forget the end of the season pay-outs - last season with Hereford I'd stayed 2k under my wage budget, but because the side was struggling and the players were no good, attendances didn't match up to wages. I was losing about £20k per month. Come the end of the season, I got rid of a lot of players, lowered the wage bill even further, and cleared the debts with the payout and transfer fees.

New season, and there is still a monthly loss, but because of TV rights and a cup draw against Cov away early in the season, the financial position come May/June will be much rosier.

When I took over, the club was £300k in the red. At the end of August, it was £80+ in the black. At the end of the season, depending on league and FA Cup performances, that could rise overall to £150-200k in the black.

In lower leagues, 'success' isn't just in getting promotion. With some clubs, it can come in just keeping the club solvent (which increases aspects of your reputation, so it's not a dead loss).

I had a ~£50 million transfer net profit over ~10 years with Scunthorpe in the Championship in FM08, but that almost entirely went into funding the monthly loss that we made through wages and all our other monthly costs. It was just the way it had to be in order for me to keep increasing the wage bill with better players.

Archived