Longest game ever???

Im currently in my longest football manager game. Im Kings lynn, in the premiership and just got the england job :). Its 2018, which means ive done 10 seasons so far and many more to come! Im just wondering whats peoples longest game ever? like something crazy like 2087 lol.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the old CM games circa 99-00-01 my game usually went corrupt after say 5/6 seasons. Lots of errors when loading the game, errors when continuing, errors when you reach Jan 1st of a new year etc, so i usually had to stop and start again.

In recent FM's i've been as far as 2014 and got bored once my team was full of regens and my favourite real life players no longer existed. I kinda lost the attatchment if you get me :)

Im in 2013 now and determined to break Fergusons in game Hall Of Fame of 800points :)

yeah i was thinking that too, can you die in the game? or can you get older and older and potentially be 200;)

Nope, you never die. There's no set retirement age, so you can keep going forever. Once you reach a certain age though, you can't get any older in the game.

There was a guy with a thread before who got to around 2090 or something mad like that from FM2007 or 08, was really interesting to see what happened to the clubs. This was not long ago either, 2 weeks? Anyone remember?

There was a guy with a thread before who got to around 2090 or something mad like that from FM2007 or 08, was really interesting to see what happened to the clubs. This was not long ago either, 2 weeks? Anyone remember?

Yeah, that's Iajafer you're talking about I think.

Wasn't there a Chinese player who went way beyond 100 years? Some very insane screenshots...

Anyone got a link to the thread where we can find this? Or the 100 years etc.

I hate using the search function on huge forums like this.

The furthest I've ever reached is 2033 on 08. I actually prefer it when all the real players retire and all the regens start appearing. I'm surprised I lasted that long on 08 with the poor regens but I did enjoy it.

im in the 2024/2025 season with barnet and currently fighting for the prem and champ league every season.

last season i missed out on the prem title on goal difference. i threw away some draws by gambling too much for the wins. looking back. if only, if only.

• 1 year later...

I didn't realise that there was a thread for this, been looking around for a while to find one. I stuck to FM08 after finding 09-10 difficult to get into and at times very slow. Been going for 86 years and currently nearing the end of season 2093 with West Ham. Started with Port Vale back in 07-08 season

my longest was on FM10 where I got to about 2024/25 with Man City :D i actually rather enjoyed bringing youth through (and spending ridiculous money hehe), was the longest save I have ever done having started with CM4. Sad thing was, I retired to start FM11 and finally they build a new stadium named after me LOL

Someone once posted a fm10 save which was like 100/200 years into the game world. Was intresting the look at Bristol city became a dominate powerhouse and they once had a belgian who scored like over 700 goals or something equally stupid.

I didn't realise that there was a thread for this, been looking around for a while to find one. I stuck to FM08 after finding 09-10 difficult to get into and at times very slow. Been going for 86 years and currently nearing the end of season 2093 with West Ham. Started with Port Vale back in 07-08 season

That's awesome. :thup:

My record is about 2045 on FM09. Currently in 2021 on FM11.

Keep with it wacky, that's qulaity in 10 years though! On 07/08 I got to 2025 on a two player game, I started at West Ham, went to inter milan then to Southampton. My mate was Arsenal. We watched both our team games key highlights as well. Wasn't a network game we started it on my pc after my mates broke. So you could say it was like playing to 2043 on a one player game!

2053 last year, despite being stuck on an old slow laptop for the last couple of months (which only 2 1/2 seasons got done). In late 2024 at the moment and with my proper one finally back, averaging a season every 2/3 days on it and hopefully can get very far indeed, at least 50 years in though probably not 100 which I thought I'd be able to get closeish to at least.

Archived