Time taken at the start of games

How long to you take to look at your team when you take over for the first time?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. How long to you take to look at your team when you take over for the first time?

• A long time - aprrox. 30+ mins
    • Quite a bit of time - approx. 20+ mins
    • Not a lot of time - approx. 10+ mins
    • No time/ Hardly any time approx. <5 mins

For me normally 10-20 minutes.

I normally stick to Liverpool and being a fan I know enough to get me going. A Quick overview of the none playing staff and all the contracts is enough for me. I normally let the assistant take the pre season friendlies while I concentrate on buying and sellling plus sorting out all the contracts I want to.

I spend about 2 hours sorting staff changes, setting scout assignments, getting bids in, sorting squads out, and unsettling a few players by saying im interested in them and looking at which players the teams around me are going for

Hours.

Those megastars currently available for a pittance wont be there the next day. Those clubs who might buy your deadwood still have the cash right now they wont have tomorrow. Any work you do at the start saves you hours and hours later on. Good foundations = successful team.

The coach reports are accurate enough that you can know a lot about your whole team without seeing them in action once.

How anyone can load the game and just hit continue is beyond me. You'll always be playing catch-up. Then again I like insane career games, rather than two seasons with players I know and start again.

VB

thats hard to say because if i take forest i know there team and know the players so my team picks it's self, if i take a new club then it can be any thing up to more than 2 hours b4 i even hot continue.

What I don't get are those people that say they only take a short time because they know the team in RL.

Although FM reflects football and RL we know its not 100% accurate. Surely there are players that are better in RL and others that are better in FM.

I'm surprised to hear people take so long at the start. I can appreciate there is a regime change and all, but 2 hours seems a bit excessive to me. I normally spend about 10-20 minutes sacking coaches, dealing with long term contracts for the best players and tweaking training and then get started. I prefer to suss the team out over a few months so I can see who stays and who needs to go and I normally leave the major squad surgery until after the first season.

Archived