Is there enough transfer movement in the game?

I have no idea about this personally. It's not something I've looked into but I have noticed many of the future sell on clauses are never activated.

Are the number of transfers in the game realistic?

Yepps RICHY-T's right. Furthermore what I've noticed is that young players who have high current or potential ability are snapped are pretty fast, with most of them switching clubs almost every year.

It would be good if you consider before hand the club your player is going to. I mean if a player is going to a club like Arsenal or Manchester United, there's very little chance he may seek to move else where. On the other hand, a club like Wolves (no offense there wolves fans) would probably have insufficient attraction to retain your ex-player should a bigger club come knocking.

well, contrasting to others, I find that the AI doesn't make anywhere near enough transfers. I remember about 4 game years ago on my save Man United's average squad age was 32. This was because they'd kept most of their current team into 2015 which is crazy and would never happen IRL

I seem to be the only team buying youngsters with potential. The general life of a high PA youngster in my experience seems to be: spend season or two with current club > move to Belgium/Scandinavia/Ukraine/Turkey and improve for a season or so > move to moderately big team > big team then spends big money on them after another season. Happened so many times with the better regens I've seen.

The young very good regens definitely do not get picked up quick enough by big teams imo.

Man Utd seems to be a problem of its own. I ran a game to 2029 and they were awful and had a TINY squad yet all the other teams seemed fine. I think it may have something to do with the extremely high debt as they basically don't ever buy anyone. They average about 1 new player a season - some seasons they bought no one and just used **** youth team players.

The young very good regens definitely do not get picked up quick enough by big teams imo.

Man Utd seems to be a problem of its own. I ran a game to 2029 and they were awful and had a TINY squad yet all the other teams seemed fine. I think it may have something to do with the extremely high debt as they basically don't ever buy anyone. They average about 1 new player a season - some seasons they bought no one and just used **** youth team players.

I also did a holiday game and manutd was exactly the same as you described, so i decided to bring the back to the rightful place at the top of the league and what do i find in their bank account?

£200M bank balance

£150M transfer kitty

something is seriously wrong with the AI when managing Man Utd

Do you think removing their loan debt in the editor might provide a better long term experience with them?

Not sure on this one. I'm sure other teams have debt - maybe not as much...

All speculation - we'd have to test it.

In my current game I am in 2014 and man utd are still playing rio, vidic, rooney, tevez, berba, fletcher, carrick...as you can imagine most are getting old and there are no replacements that have been bought yet. In fact, they have terrible former youth players on the bench.

Do you think removing their loan debt in the editor might provide a better long term experience with them?

i dont think it would tbh. Playing with the debt, as long as you keep your wages under control and win some of the bigger trophies per season you can have quite a lot of money to spend. Also the value of the current players is quite good so if you play as ManUtd you could sell three players and make in excess of 90M. Heres my current squad on a new save with them beginning of second season.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/6707/youngsquad.png

Funny that you should mention Man Utd. I just bought Ronaldo off them for £73M in 2013 and they are struggling in the bottom half of the league. They do not seem to have replaced anyone with world class players. They still have three or four but the rest are not Man utd class. Meanwhile Arsenal are superb and my biggest challenger (I haven't won the league yet but I am sitting currently top).

Archived