Funny Named/Just Weird Clubs Thread!

Okay All

Cruising through the forums in the past hour I have Found Two Clubs that deserve Reconigtion in this thread!

Number 1: Fart (This is actully a Team) There are screenies in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=115591

They Play at a staduim called the Fartbana Stadion! This just makes me laugh.

Number 2: Ibiza's own Football Club. Ibiza, being the party island I would not expect to see as a football team and apparantly Thay have Javi Moreno! (Ex Bolton Player) This is the Thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=117043

The Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SD_Eivissa

Please Record Your own in this Thread

T&T has the best named club ever - House of Dread.

Not sure whether the reference is to their hair or that they're voodoo zombies, but it's a cracking name. If only I could play them in a friendly .... :eek:

Damn, I knew there were a few more great ones from T&T, but Joe Public was the only one I could remember :p

Brilliance!!!:D:D

Ibiza Town isn't that amazing I suppose but I never knew or thought it would a team or Javi Moreno to be honest

I don't see why you wouldn't expect. After all, Mallorca has one - Real Mallorca. Other Spanish islands have teams too. Las Palmas are from Gran Canaria, while Tenerife and Lanzarote both have teams. So does Fuerteventura. These islands are more than just holiday resorts. I mean, Blackpool was traditionally a holiday resort, but it still has a local population who would want a football team.

In my current save i was managing Lurgan Celtic in the Northern Irish leagues, there's a team there called Chimney Corner.....not as good as Fart though!

Chimney corner is actualy local for me in Antrim:)

I don't see why you wouldn't expect. After all, Mallorca has one - Real Mallorca. Other Spanish islands have teams too. Las Palmas are from Gran Canaria, while Tenerife and Lanzarote both have teams. So does Fuerteventura. These islands are more than just holiday resorts. I mean, Blackpool was traditionally a holiday resort, but it still has a local population who would want a football team.

I have their shirt :cool: Their badge looks scarily like the Scotland flag at first glance.

Funniest thing gotta be that in Indoniesia, out of the 47 teams in the Superleague and Premier Division, 40 clubnames start with 'P'. I mean, honestly, 47 clubs and 40 start with 'P'? Wtf is up with that?

Of those not starting with 'P', the most recognizeable ought to be Semen Padang... :D

Funniest thing gotta be that in Indoniesia, out of the 47 teams in the Superleague and Premier Division, 40 clubnames start with 'P'. I mean, honestly, 47 clubs and 40 start with 'P'? Wtf is up with that?

Of those not starting with 'P', the most recognizeable ought to be Semen Padang... :D

I think they actually mean something. 'People' or something.

Not the Semen though. :p

Just found a for-real pretty good keeper playing at the start of the game for Independiente. His job after he hangs up his boots os sorted; in the meantime you might not to stand to close to him at corners. his name .....

Fabian Assmann

I just put in a bid for him :D

• 3 weeks later...

From the same icy wilderness of Norwegian lower league football that is home to Fart, I give you Trauma:

trauma.jpg

Playing in the third division (fourth tier) of Norwegian football, whether their name indicates that they tend to cause more broken shins and serious knee injuries for the opposition, or are prone to such themselves, is not known, but I would probably watch out a bit more than usual for those knee-high tackles when facing them none the less.

Someone mentioned this before. It's hard to tell the clubs apart ain't it.

I think someone explained that it translates into 'sports club'

Archived