What a challenge!

Ok so I loaded up leagues from Spain and randomised who I got... and I ended up with Eivissa Ibiza.

Apart from being based in Ibiza Town (awesome) I know/knew nothing about this club.

Anyway, they're in the Spanish 2nd Division B3, semi-pro, start with -£20k, a whopping wage budget of £3k per week, and of course a hefty transfer budget of £0 (+ 10% of sales!!!). No affiliated clubs, and upon two successive requests the board can't attract any parent clubs. And of course on the players tab, no player outside of Andorra is interested in joining.

The only saving grace is Javi Moreno, who some may remember from his time at Alaves, or Milan, or maybe even his disappointing loan at Bolton. Regardless, he is 33, and has a finishing attribute of 17 - quite possibly the highest attribute anyone has in the entire squad! But he retires at the end of the season :(

I've set the rather ambitious target of European football in five years - two successive promotions will take me to the top flight - if I can make it!

So I guess my point is - does anyone have experience with Eivissa or any other similarly poor semi pro club in Spain and taking them to the next level?

Will I get much money if/when I get to the second tier?

Im currently playing as CD Denia, in your Division mate. I havent got no money to spend, but let me tell you its the best challenge Ive had in a long time. They dont allow you patent clubs, same here as well, and Moreno isnt a bad player to build your side around. Im currently 5th with 7 games left, hopefully should be able to gatecrash the play offs. I was posting my progress in Jose Challenge, and asked the guys in there for help with finances etc.

Archived