Reputation - How could it be made better?

This applies to clubs, managers, players etc, which at the moment seems a bit clunky.

A club for example, will have a reputation described in-game as something like obscure/local/regional/national/continental/worldwide. I've taken Cambridge United (over the course of 20 years this is!) from a local reputation to worldwide. However, it didn't seem a very intuative change at each stage. Until we won league 1 the reputation was 'local'. Promotion to the Prem bought the national, and only winning the EUFA then CL bought the next steps. What I'm suggesting goes something like this:

Having repuation split into sections, a bit like in the editor like it already is, but also being displayed clearly in game.

For example, a club might display their reputation as:

Local - Huge

Regional - Large

National - Small

Continental - None

Worldwide - None

In game events would alter this in different ways, such as:

A foreign feeder club - would only effect continental or worldwide, size dependant.

Winning a minor trophey (FA Trophey or JPT) - would raise local and regional reputation but not national etc.

There could also be any other specific regions listed where the club has a larger reputation due to feeder clubs etc. Especially in lower leages, players often move to clubs to stay in the same area, so even if the club wasn't known nationally but had a bigger regional reputation near to their current club, they more be more likely to move than to, say, a larger club the other side of the country.

Thoughts, ideas?

Nice work with Cambridge United. I managed to get them to the championship play offs in 5 seasons, but then got boarded.

You got boarded? where you playing it in a tanker off the coast of Somalia by any chance?

Sorry couldn't help it

Archived