Newcastle Challenge

Hi folks,

I was wondering what is the best way for me to try and create the situation that Newcastle Utd are in at the moment?

I would like them to be roughly where they are just now with 8 games to go and then take over and try and keep them up basically like Shearer in real life.

Does anyone know the best way to do this?

I think you can alter point totals in FMRTE, I'm not 100% sure but I do recall seeing something like this.

Good point - you can alter the league table. You'd have to play until April 2009, then use FMRTE to make the league table as is now, and update the staffing situation. Toy can change Kinnear's name to Alan Shearer and alter his attributes. What you can't do is ensure the 8 remaining games are the real-life ones.

Here's what you could do:

1. Start a new game

2. Holiday up until around today's date

3. Download FMRTE

4. Edit the points of every team in the Premier League to reflect the real life table.

That should make it realistic as possible. Maybe use the 9.3 database so that all players are at the correct clubs.

Edit: Damn, just beaten to it :(

Here's what you could do:

1. Start a new game

2. Holiday up until around today's date

3. Download FMRTE

4. Edit the points of every team in the Premier League to reflect the real life table.

That should make it realistic as possible. Maybe use the 9.3 database so that all players are at the correct clubs.

Edit: Damn, just beaten to it :(

...Or:

1. Appoint Tactically Naieve manager with history of jumping ship on a whim for start of 1st season

2. Wait for him to run off (about 5 games in)

3. Appoint out of touch new manager with health issues

4. Wait for him to be forced to leave his post (about 7 games to go)

5. ....voila!

Obviously club moral would make this an impossible task and relegation would be unavoidable but this is a surefire plan for getting into the position you are seeking. Hope you pull it off though, I like Newcastle and regret the position others have forced them into.

Archived