loans in england (fm08)

That's the way the league rules are in operation in real life, so they're mirrored in-game. I can't recall offhand whether you can re-loan him, I'm sure someone else knows for sure.

yeah i know it's like in real life (that's part of what makes this game so good), but why did the FA then decided that 3 months is the maximum? there has to be a reason

The player can be loaned during transfer windows ie. January and July/August in England for longer than 3 months called a long-term loan. There is a limit of 4 transfers like this per season for under-23s and 4 for over-23s.

However you can also loan players for 3 months at a time called short-term loan deals and these happen between these transfer windows except for about a week after the windows close. There is no limit to how many of these loan deals happen during the season but there is a limit of 3 months per season per player. These can be extended during the 'normal' transfer windows so

eg. Player X (age 19) joins on loan on Oct 3rd for 3 months. His short-term loan deal runs out on Jan 2nd but as the English transfer window opens on the 1st this loan could be extended until the end of the season. Also if after player X goes back to his old club, he can return to the club he was on loan at on Jan 31st until the end of the season as one of the 4 long-term loans for the under-23s.

Hope that makes sense.

i'm talking about the coca-cola championship, but when i look at the rulles for premier league it says the same.

So if i loan a player in July from a team in the same division, it will end in november: what happens then? will the player stay at the club untill januari? can i loan him again?

Thanks

LeChuck - Correct

eXisitenZ - It will end in October. Then he goes back to his parent club where he will stay until sold/loaned out again/retires. If you want to loan him again it will have to be a long-term loan.

Archived