Loaning Players to Help Out Clubs

Good, erm, night guys:thup:

I have just started the 2014/15 season as Arsenal, and have had Watford as my feeder club since season 1. I'm a fan of Watford in real life.

Last season they ended up getting relegated from the Championship. They also have no money, and I mean NO money. They have transfer listed their whole squad to 'lower the wage bill'. In fact, they have sold/released 10 players in the summer just to lower the wage bill.

As Arsenal I have quite a few reserve players who don't make the first team. Do you think it is acceptable to send as many players to them as possible to ensure that they have a team to field (they only have 13 players now)? Or do you think this is cheating, as it is unrealistic that a club would loan one other club so many players.

I'd appriciate your views on this.

Thanks,

Jammy

I think its a viable option tbh...

If Watford are in big trouble then why wouldn't a parent club help out? They could have really strong links, especially after several years. Remember that you are essentially loaning out players to give them games/experience, you'd just be lending them to the same club.

When Luton went tits up with the whole administration thing, loads of clubs lent them players with no fee and no wages to be paid...

Its not partly realistic to loan out a job lot of players (RL clubs are unlikely to be so altruistic), but i'd say go ffor it. You can't have your favourite club suffering like that!

Archived