if a club offers a fee over 24 month, how does it work out?

basically i am man city at the start of the 2nd season, i am selling bellamy afetr a poor season. However he is still valued at £14M so dont wanna let him go for like £8M.

So fulham cum in offering £0 up front and £14M over 24 months, so basically will i get money every month for 24 months until it is paid off. That would work out about 583K a month.

And if so should i agree to that and if he leaves fulham i will still get the money wont i (i expect i will btw;))

XII. How are fee's over a period of time paid?

When you sign a player for a fee over 24 months, 18 months, 12 months, or 6 months, half the fee is immedietly taken from your transfer budget. The rest of the fee is taken out over the said time. Due to this, you must have at least half of the fee paid over a time, aswell as everything else included in the transfer. An example is signing Adam Ananan for £2mil upfront, £10mil over 24 months, and 25% sell-on. You must have the £2mil upfront, and half of the £10mil (£5mil) that you agreed to pay over 24 months. The other £5mil will be paid over 24 months.

Btw thats a good price for Bellamy

monthly installments i think, but will be in your budget straight away.

Hi likesiamesefish,

Can you calrify this for me.....this is something i have always wondered and has stopped me accepting transfer offers.....

basically using the above example of bellamy...if my transfer budget is say £2.5 million and i get 50% of all transfers to go in to the budget.......does that mean that if i agreed the £14m for bellamy over 24 months that 50% of the £14m would go into my budget...giving me a topped up figure of £10.5 million straight away?

I always thought that if it was paid in instalments i would not see any of the cash in my budget! Can you confirm this?

Also on a similar note is there a set date when the budget ends?....i have just finished my first season at Rangers and i was looking to sell 3 players for £2m each to raise funds, but realised that if i sold them in late May, that any money from their sale would be lost when the new budget was announced (unless i spent the money on new players very quickly) so i took them off the transfer list until the new budget was announced (thus giving me a fresh new budget and a whole year to selll them instead). The new budget was fianlly announced on 20 June 2009....do you know if this is set the same for all clubs and the same date each year? I dont want to get caught out and lose the potential of money from the transfers and the end of a season...does all this make sense?

Thanks if you can help.

Hi likesiamesefish,

Can you calrify this for me.....this is something i have always wondered and has stopped me accepting transfer offers.....

basically using the above example of bellamy...if my transfer budget is say £2.5 million and i get 50% of all transfers to go in to the budget.......does that mean that if i agreed the £14m for bellamy over 24 months that 50% of the £14m would go into my budget...giving me a topped up figure of £10.5 million straight away?

I always thought that if it was paid in instalments i would not see any of the cash in my budget! Can you confirm this?

Also on a similar note is there a set date when the budget ends?....i have just finished my first season at Rangers and i was looking to sell 3 players for £2m each to raise funds, but realised that if i sold them in late May, that any money from their sale would be lost when the new budget was announced (unless i spent the money on new players very quickly) so i took them off the transfer list until the new budget was announced (thus giving me a fresh new budget and a whole year to selll them instead). The new budget was fianlly announced on 20 June 2009....do you know if this is set the same for all clubs and the same date each year? I dont want to get caught out and lose the potential of money from the transfers and the end of a season...does all this make sense?

Thanks if you can help.

What siamesefish said was wrong, it isn't all paid in installments. Half is paid straight away, the other half paid in installments.

Regarding the 50% of transfers situation; If you sold Bellamy for £14mil over 24 months then [the buyer] would pay half of it straight away. Half of this would go in your budget, the other half into the bank balance. So your budget would increase by £3.5mil.

The money paid in installments would also go half into your budget but half into your bank balance.

The balance ends at the same time each year in Scotland. This is the date that the league table resets, and it doesn't change.

The date the league table resets (and you get your new budget) varies from country to country. To see the dates that various countries get their new budgets etc, read through this thread. That is a full list of dates that countries new seasons officially start.

What siamesefish said was wrong, it isn't all paid in installments. Half is paid straight away, the other half paid in installments.

Regarding the 50% of transfers situation; If you sold Bellamy for £14mil over 24 months then [the buyer] would pay half of it straight away. Half of this would go in your budget, the other half into the bank balance. So your budget would increase by £3.5mil.

The money paid in installments would also go half into your budget but half into your bank balance.

The balance ends at the same time each year in Scotland. This is the date that the league table resets, and it doesn't change.

The date the league table resets (and you get your new budget) varies from country to country. To see the dates that various countries get their new budgets etc, read through this thread. That is a full list of dates that countries new seasons officially start.

Hi Arsenal 2111,

Many thanks for clarifying this for me....that's great so its the same for buying as selling, even if it's £0 up front and all the transfer over 24 months you still get half immediately into your account (obviously then depending upon how much you are allowed as a percentage in to your budget)...and even better that each month my budget would get topped up accordingly for the next 24 months...that is brilliant. I take it the 24 monthly instalments paid into the budget dont stop just because its a new season and a new budget?

Thanks for confirming the end of season reset....that's good as i know it happened on 20 June in my first year, so i will be ready to spend any cash each year i have before that date. Also i will not put any players up for sale before this date, as i nearly lost about £5m in potential budget just after i finished my first season!

Excellent, thank you very much for your help.

does this thing about the instalments also apply on previous FM's... like 07 or 08...?

From what I understood, it's like everytime you sell a player... half goes to balance, the other half goes to transfer budget. The only difference here with instalments, half of the sum you get right away, and it also splits between balance and transfer budget, as do the rest of the money, they will split but over the next 6, 12, 24 months.

Also I thought that if you try to buy a player on 24 instalments, you only need to have 1/4 or 1/3 of the sum in your transfer budget. I think that I once bought a player on 24 instalments and it removed far less than 1/2 of the transfer value from the transfer budget. That was on FM08, that's why I am asking if this thing only applies on FM09.

Hi Arsenal 2111,

Many thanks for clarifying this for me....that's great so its the same for buying as selling, even if it's £0 up front and all the transfer over 24 months you still get half immediately into your account (obviously then depending upon how much you are allowed as a percentage in to your budget)...and even better that each month my budget would get topped up accordingly for the next 24 months...that is brilliant. I take it the 24 monthly instalments paid into the budget dont stop just because its a new season and a new budget?

Thanks for confirming the end of season reset....that's good as i know it happened on 20 June in my first year, so i will be ready to spend any cash each year i have before that date. Also i will not put any players up for sale before this date, as i nearly lost about £5m in potential budget just after i finished my first season!

Excellent, thank you very much for your help.

Yes, the installments carry on from one season to another. They still may how ever much per month even when you get your new budget. You can see how much they pay per month by going to the Transfer Clauses screen.

Good luck with your game:thup:

does this thing about the instalments also apply on previous FM's... like 07 or 08...?

From what I understood, it's like everytime you sell a player... half goes to balance, the other half goes to transfer budget. The only difference here with instalments, half of the sum you get right away, and it also splits between balance and transfer budget, as do the rest of the money, they will split but over the next 6, 12, 24 months.

Also I thought that if you try to buy a player on 24 instalments, you only need to have 1/4 or 1/3 of the sum in your transfer budget. I think that I once bought a player on 24 instalments and it removed far less than 1/2 of the transfer value from the transfer budget. That was on FM08, that's why I am asking if this thing only applies on FM09.

This installment system has been in since at least 2007, and it has been like this since then. That was my first FM game so I am afraid I can't tell you if it was the same before.

No, that isn't really how it works. InzieBear asked what would happen if you only received 50% of transfer income to spend. If you get 100% to spend then half goes right into your budget and the rest goes into your budget over the time specified.

You need to have at least half of the value that you are buying him for when buying completely in installments. So, if you were buying him for £10mil over 24 months, you would need £5mil in your budget. I would recommend always having the final amount, though.

Hope this is clear, ask if you don'tunderstand anything.

This installment system has been in since at least 2007, and it has been like this since then. That was my first FM game so I am afraid I can't tell you if it was the same before.

No, that isn't really how it works. InzieBear asked what would happen if you only received 50% of transfer income to spend. If you get 100% to spend then half goes right into your budget and the rest goes into your budget over the time specified.

You need to have at least half of the value that you are buying him for when buying completely in installments. So, if you were buying him for £10mil over 24 months, you would need £5mil in your budget. I would recommend always having the final amount, though.

Hope this is clear, ask if you don'tunderstand anything.

Thanks mate, think I understood you good. If there's any more on the subject, I'll contact you.

Cheers!

Yes, the installments carry on from one season to another. They still may how ever much per month even when you get your new budget. You can see how much they pay per month by going to the Transfer Clauses screen.

Good luck with your game:thup:

Okay, thanks for the extra info on the transfer screen, i will check when i get home. cheers.

Do we have specific evidence for this idea that you must have half the total value of an installment transfer available when the transfer is made? I was always under the impression that the system worked on budget years, i.e. if you buy a player over 24 months in July, you'd pay 12 of those 24 installments in that year, so your transfer budget would be docked 50% of the total fee, but if you bought in January you'd only make 6 payments in that budget year and thus only be docked 25%.

Do we have specific evidence for this idea that you must have half the total value of an installment transfer available when the transfer is made? I was always under the impression that the system worked on budget years, i.e. if you buy a player over 24 months in July, you'd pay 12 of those 24 installments in that year, so your transfer budget would be docked 50% of the total fee, but if you bought in January you'd only make 6 payments in that budget year and thus only be docked 25%.

That makes more sense.Any clarifcation?...from SI maybe?

Archived