Ball crossed the line but no goal :(

On one occassion the opposing goalkeeper dove to save a shot and the ball and his hands were fractionally over the line but it didnt count as a goal.

Obviously this is an error however it made me think that it would be a good addition to the game to include "was it or wasnt it a goal" controversy along the same lines.

I know that it happens very infrequently in reality but hopefully could be considered in future.

On one occassion the opposing goalkeeper dove to save a shot and the ball and his hands were fractionally over the line but it didnt count as a goal.

Obviously this is an error however it made me think that it would be a good addition to the game to include "was it or wasnt it a goal" controversy along the same lines.

I know that it happens very infrequently in reality but hopefully could be considered in future.

happens too often in real life to be honest, damn useless referees. (still say newcastle scored against Chelsea this weekend, not that it mattered. lol)

Building on this we could have other errors from refs, such as "The Three Card Trick" and Stuart Attwell could have a PPM for giving goals when the ball goes wide!

Dundee United once scored a goal and the ball went through a hole in the side of the net. The ref gave a goal kick!

Did the whole of the ball cross the whole of the line? That is the only way it should be a goal.

Also, you have to remember that the 2D and 3D graphics are only a representation of the ME and not what the 'decisions' in the game are based on. Therefore, the highlights may show it as being over the line, but it didnt actually go over the line. In much the same way as you see players sliding across the pitch without moving their legs sometimes, when clearly they should be running.

Did the whole of the ball cross the whole of the line? That is the only way it should be a goal.

Also, you have to remember that the 2D and 3D graphics are only a representation of the ME and not what the 'decisions' in the game are based on. Therefore, the highlights may show it as being over the line, but it didnt actually go over the line. In much the same way as you see players sliding across the pitch without moving their legs sometimes, when clearly they should be running.

I was just about to post these very two points.

Nicely done.

happens too often in real life to be honest, damn useless referees. (still say newcastle scored against Chelsea this weekend, not that it mattered. lol)

If anything at the top or bottom came to goal difference then it would have mattered!

Yes the whole ball crossed the line along with the goalkeepers hands... similar things have happend when the keeper has tried to keep the ball going out for a corner.

Archived