New Idea for future versions

OK, before I start, I am well aware that this idea is probably years down the line and is unlikely to happen in the near future.

When you're on a long-term game (i am speaking merely from FM08 experience, not yet far enough into FM09 for it to bother me), and you've been at a club for a large number of years (for me it was Lyon, where the licensing for the kit is available), it starts to bug you that the kits are always the same. I was wondering if there was a way to 'generate' kits from past kits in the database. Even if it was just like this:

Season 1: Original kits loaded into the game

Season 2 onwards: Variations in colour and pattern, but just the basic ones which are used for clubs who SI haven't got the licensing for.

Obviously, over the versions, it would progress and would get more advanced.

I know that it sounds unrealistic at this stage and quite cosmetic, but if you would have mentioned facegens a few years ago, then that would have seem unrealistic and cosmetic.

There are quite a few potential problems with this, the main one being the following;

Lets say at the start of the game Arsenal's away kit is mainly yellow then blue. That is the colour of the commentary. So, if you download any kits, they will also be yellow and blue.

So if the colours of kits change, the actual pictures will be the same colour but the commentary will be different. So they won't match.

There are quite a few potential problems with this, the main one being the following;

Lets say at the start of the game Arsenal's away kit is mainly yellow then blue. That is the colour of the commentary. So, if you download any kits, they will also be yellow and blue.

So if the colours of kits change, the actual pictures will be the same colour but the commentary will be different. So they won't match.

Surely, it would be easy enough to link the colour of the kits to the commentry colours?

Yes you can.

In 9.2 i changed Rangers home kit to have a little red through it and the away kit to be an almost exact repilca of a previous away top

RangersASS0506.gif

The text issue does not apply as i believe the game derives the text colour from the actual primary colours used for the kit.

It would actually be a very simple thing to implement and i would personaly like to see it.

It would add a little bit extra personality that they 3d engine is needing.

As it stands im going to edit my teams kits manualy every season from now anyway.

Must say I quite like this idea.

Home kits rarely change (at least not in colour), but it would be nice to have some kind of 'kitgen' for the away kits which would change every year or two.

With something like this the chances of kit clashes occurring goes through the roof.

As long as the away kit was was programmed to always be different from the home kit then clashes could be prevented fairly easily couldn't they?

Archived