This has just infuriated me!

After battling hard for several seasons, finally in 2015 with a bank balance of over 6 mil, no ground, youth or training upgrades and a very healthy squad i've just been promoted to the prem with luton 13 points clear and 6 games to go, the best scoring and defensive record and with virtually no tranfer kitty. Now you'd think that with preseason expectations of push for playoff's (which imo was very optimistic, as this was my 2nd season in the league) the board and fans would be building statues and bowing to the very mention of my name all I get was this!

ridiculous.5c2.th.JPG

i'm now really thinking about quitting the game, i know it's only words and i know what sort of achievment it is, but come on you expect more, what next, if i win the legue...the board say meeehhh!

I'd have thought come the end of the season the board would reward you with some appraisal. :thup:

you would hope, but from past experience something is usually said when you get promoted, guess i'll have to wait and see. I know it's silly on my behalf as it's "only a game" but i really expected something more.

yeah i think there is far too much media interaction that is pointless when there should be more in reaction to what you have done in the game, so as to make it more personal

agreed, it does seem somewhat impersonal when all you get is that!

I've had about the same kind of thing like you..

I took over Bristol City in mid-season and they were at the 21st place.

3 months later I was 9th in the Championship and what do I get:

strangec.th.jpg

for those who can't understand Dutch it'd be something like this: Bristol City-Manager gets benefit of the doubt.

As of yet nobody can pass a good sentence on the achievements of manager Koen Wackers at Bristol City.

Wackers did no notable things on the transfer market. In the competetion he made a decent, but no outstanding start.

I'd say getting Bristol from the 21st to the 9th place in three months is pretty outstanding.

Once again, look who sent you the message. It is from 'competitions'. Wait until you get one from your board mate and carry on playing.

i know mate, but like i said earlier normally after a news item like that your board, fans and a club legend says something, i'll wait and see but i'm not optimistic!

I think there should be more made of it when you do well. For example maybe there could be a report on an open top bus parade through the city with some quotes from the fans thrown in for good measure.

Personally I'd like FM to take a more LMA Manager approach in some way. I remember LMA having a TV highlights show of the goals and, with the technology they have now, they could make it quite engaging.

Seems strange. Maybe the board just don't like you anymore for some reason and are looking for a reason to get rid. Dunno if the game is programmed for that sort of thing, though. If it's true that managers can 'outgrow' a club, maybe the board feel that the club is back where it belongs and as such has 'outgrown' you - the old 'big name to take us to the next level' syndrome.

Archived