I'm sorry but the Al does cheat!!

Firstly this isn't an "I can't win" rant as I'm on a 22 game Premiership unbeaten run and thoroughly enjoying the game.... but....

To dominate opposition teams in all areas including more than doubling their shots on goal ratio and to concede goals in only 3 areas that are clearly an Al cheat is getting silly..

By this I mean the Al only scores against me in 3 ways.

1. Corners

2. 30 yard shots out of the blue

3. Own goals or mistakes by my back 4

It's your tactics I hear!!!! Well, I have used several tactics I have developed including 4-4-2's, Defensive Midfield based etc etc and these are the only ways more often than not the Al scores.

I wouldn't mind so much if I scored from corners so much (I won't use the cheat).

I wouldn't mind so much if my players cracked in a few 30 yarders as often and I have Gerrard, Elano, Veloso and Van Der Vaart who according to their stats are top notch in long range finishing.

I also wouldn't mind so much if one of their defenders slotted a back pass straight to my striker once in a while or headed a corner into their own net!

I'm sorry but when under pressure and can't find another way of getting a goal the Al cheats and looking at some posts on here I'm not the only one it's happening to!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Firstly this isn't an "I can't win" rant as I'm on a 22 game Premiership unbeaten run and thoroughly enjoying the game.... but....

To dominate opposition teams in all areas including more than doubling their shots on goal ratio and to concede goals in only 3 areas that are clearly an Al cheat is getting silly..

By this I mean the Al only scores against me in 3 ways.

1. Corners

3. Own goals or mistakes by my back 4

It's your tactics I hear!!!! Well, I have used several tactics I have developed including 4-4-2's, Defensive Midfield based etc etc and these are the only ways more often than not the Al scores.

I wouldn't mind so much if I scored from corners so much (I won't use the cheat).

I wouldn't mind so much if my players cracked in a few 30 yarders as often and I have Gerrard, Elano, Veloso and Van Der Vaart who according to their stats are top notch in long range finishing.

I also wouldn't mind so much if one of their defenders slotted a back pass straight to my striker once in a while or headed a corner into their own net!

I'm sorry but when under pressure and can't find another way of getting a goal the Al cheats and looking at some posts on here I'm not the only one it's happening to!! icon_rolleyes.gif

The corners can probably be easily explained the fact that whilst the AI doesn't purposely exploit the corner bug, if the settings are set up in the manner that will take advantage of them, they are likely to score a few as well.

My team are scoring their fair amount of long shots. Gerrard scores a decent amount, and Torres has netted a few from distance as well. Even Mascherano has scored two screamers. And I can't say I've conceded an unusual amount from distance either.

I can't even remember my team scoring an own goal. I've had a fair few gifted to me though. And my defence doesn't seem to make many mistakes. Rafinha has made a couple, but everyone else has been pretty solid. I've certainly benefited from a lot more then I've fallen victim to.

To be perfectly honest, I think all this "the AI cheats" stuff is completley unfounded, and I'm yet to see anybody post the anything n the slightest that suggests otherwise.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1. Corners

3. Own goals or mistakes by my back 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your players are that good, maybe it is realistic that set pieces, occasional stupidity and odd moments of brilliance are the only way you concede goals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry but the AI does cheat... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't.

I used to think this too, and I've started a fair few threads in the past claiming so until I had a "Moment of clarity".

Seriously, if the AI was cheating then this is something that SI would've had to implement themselves (seeing as the game can hardly program itself!) but think about this;

Just exactly what positives could be gained from such a venture? And why would they do it?

Nothing whatsoever can be gained from it and the damage to SI's credability would be irreversable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry but the AI does cheat... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't.

I used to think this too, and I've started a fair few threads in the past claiming so until I had a "Moment of clarity".

Seriously, if the AI was cheating then this is something that SI would've had to implement themselves (seeing as the game can hardly program itself!) but think about this;

Just exactly what positives could be gained from such a venture? And why would they do it?

Nothing whatsoever can be gained from it and the damage to SI's credability would be irreversable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

This is one of my favorite posts in a long long time, thank you Starr_Man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by butts:

I do hope your joking </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's had a warning for posting drivel in the past so I think that goes a long way to explaining his post.

yes just noticed that and another post of his tonight in a different thread which seems to indicate he was infact being serious. Just want to add that starr_man5's post really summed it up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> By this I mean the Al only scores against me in 3 ways.

1. Corners

3. Own goals or mistakes by my back 4 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your team is that good, then why is this a problem? This is usually how teams score against the better teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Starr_Man5:

No it doesn't.

Nothing whatsoever can be gained from it and the damage to SI's credability would be irreversable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

This is one of my favorite posts in a long long time, thank you Starr_Man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

I dont think the AI cheats but I did wonder for a while when I conceded an awful amount of defelcted goals till I thought about it and reasoned it was because my keeper has low agility and is quite slow 3accel and pace or something so I bought a younger faster more agile keeper and voila! less deflected goals.

I was dead chuffed till I realised he had 20 eccentrisity and ran out to tackle Torres who was just inside my half when he got near Torres lobbed him and despite the desire to murder him it was funny watching the little spot rotate to watch the ball the wait a few seconds to chase it back to the net but he wasnt that quick.

I thought it was hilarrious because we won despite his best efforts but you can imagine it cant you a keeper just standing in the middle of nowhere watching the ball head to the net then suddenly catching on and realising he was a tool quite appropriate he is labled as the next David Seaman.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Foster:

oh dear another the AI cheats thread. As people have said the AI cant differentiate between human & AI teams so it cant cheat, what would be the point in SI programming the AI to cheat anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard somewhere that Marc Duffy has shares in a drug company that sells blood thinners.

Just a rumour though.

I know who shot Kennedy...

I know where the Roswell aliens are stored...

I know where Elvis is...

Hang on, wait a minute...

I thought I was posting in the "Conspiracy Theories" forums. Sorry, "I'll get me coat..."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

I know who shot Kennedy...

I know where the Roswell aliens are stored...

I know where Elvis is...

Hang on, wait a minute...

I thought I was posting in the "Conspiracy Theories" forums. Sorry, "I'll get me coat..." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot the faked moon landing.

Archived