Faces of Regen'd players

I don't know if this bothers anyone else but I feel that the game giving the regenerated players those game-generated faces is rather annoying and takes a bit away from the realism.

It is rather annoying to be in your element feeling like a real life manager and see a clearly caucasian face with an Asian name.

I usually play EPL so am used to not having facepacks since 07/08, i think it would actually be more realistic to drop the regen faces

Racial Disclaimer: I am African..lol

Its better than a few games ago when people could send pictures of themselves for the regens. You would have some world class regen who was about 25, but the picture showed a blurry picture of a 17 year old taken in his bedroom.

It might be difficult to get the game to distinguish between the different races and names.

To explain: I bought a South African regen for my team. His surname is Sithole which is a black/xhosa/zulu name. To my surprise, the guy was caucasian! I laughed, but it is slightly annoying.

so because you're african you can't be racist? cause like, that's just for those dirty white western people isn't it

Sorry about that. I assumed that I had complained about a Black face when I actually complained about a White face with an Asian name. Wasnt paying attention. Anyhow not to start an argument but majority of racist (keyword: MAJORITY) are from the West. Africans also have our weaknesses as people. Perhaps even more weaknesses. But it is the simple truth. We have a lot of people with stereotypes and prejudices about other races but the difference is that it does not involve hatred. Or supremacist principle. I hope I sound as objective as I mean to be.

Are yu saying that Africans have to be white?

No I am saying that, though I know people with names that don’t really match their nationality/race. It would only add to the realism if the ones in the game did. Maybe I shouldn’t have raised such a sensitive topic. Guys I am not racist. I went to an international school and have friends of all races. I have seen people with names, accents and tastes that “mismatch” the presumed ones of their nationality or race. It taught me not to sterotype.

Does names really have to be considered when talking about race?

I know many people who have British names, but are from different racial backrounds and have different religions.

I think there is nothing wrong with the regen "Mismatches" but maybe they could be toned down a little for FM 10], it is far too freQuent this year.

You say your trying to not start an argument and then come out with that........
Does names really have to be considered when talking about race?

I know many people who have British names, but are from different racial backrounds and have different religions.

I think there is nothing wrong with the regen "Mismatches" but maybe they could be toned down a little for FM 10], it is far too freQuent this year.

Very well said. There is nothing wrong with a rare one cos it does happen in real-life. My grandmom is an example.

But when you’re managing Urawa Reds with regen’d players like Yeong Jun Ming and Kim Baek, and everyone looks like Frank Lampard with different hairstyles, it does get a bit annoying.

Anyways whoever notified me about the turning off feature. Thanks

Archived