last minute goals :(

as the tittle says last minute goals has anyone noticed that they is to many last minute goals.It always happens to me then i either get beat or draw a game i should of won its getting rather annoying dose anyone know how to stop your team from conceeding them.

I don't seem to have any trouble with the 4-2-4 in '09. Dunno why - I rarely make major changes to my tactics, just hit counter attack and increase time wasting - but in my curent game, in 4 and a half seasons, I can only remember concceding a goal that counted (ie one that changed the result) in the last 5 minutes a couple of times. I've scored a few though.

I have a 'kill game' tactic that works very effectively against the AI 4-2-4 formation and quite often results in me increasing my lead. As soon as the AI switches to the 4-2-4 then I kill the game off.

Ask Martin O'Neil how he feels about last minute goals!

Low concentration and fitness levels can contribute to sloppy mistakes. I use a 4-1-4-1 tatic with the emphasis on keeping possesion and wasting time. So no TTB or crosses, wingers and keeper on hold up ball etc. Works well if switched to in last 10 minutes.

Maybe something to raise in the tactic forum for a more detailed discussion

Last min goals don't seem to be a problem for me, its the 1st min goals that get me... right from kick off, theres a play and they slice my defence in two and score... Grrr

Yeah ditto on this, i tend to concede right from the kick off. I think this could be a bug you know

Yeah ditto on this, i tend to concede right from the kick off. I think this could be a bug you know

A bug that just affects 2 people? :confused:

As mentioned, I'm sure Fulham and Villa are cursing the cheatin' AI. Especially Villa - I mean, where else but in FM do you get a 17-year-old debutant scoring the winning goal against you in stoppage time? Fix the damn code SI!!!! ;)

i only get the odd goal from kick off scored past me its just these stupid late goals. i was spurs against manchester city i scored in about the 88th minute then up pops man city with a goal on 90+2 like virtually the final kick of the game. it was so annoying i nearly smashed my mouse to let the fustration out

Changing your tactics n all are all well and good, but if you conceed a free kick or a corner then those goals will still come if the AI team wills it. Thats where the majority of last min goals against me come from... the ones I score seem to come from hoofing it up the field and getting lucky from a mistake.

I dunno late goals are awesome for me....

extratimegoals.jpg

That sums it up. For every late goal someone conceeds, there's one someone else scores. In my last season, after an excellent start, I was going through a bad spell. Injuries to key players had weakened my team too much, and morale was suffering from the inevitable defeats. I went into a game against the bottom club on a run of 5 games without a win, and it looked like it was going to get worse as they took the lead early on. After pressuring the entire game, I got the equaliser at around 80 minutes. Then, in the third minute of injury time, I get a free kick, and up steps my captain who curls one beautifully into the corner of the net. We then go the rest of the season unbeaten and claim the title :D

Late goals are fine, but I just got beaten by a 90+9th minute goal when there was only 5 minutes of stoppage time indicated.

I must admit, that this is a real annoyance for me!

It happens far too frequently for no apparent reason. No injuries occured or subs made during injury time, but so often they say 3 or 4 minutes extra time and it more often than not, you can expect at least an extra minute or two? Sometimes 3 minutes more! Why?

I almost never see it happen IRL. or maybe its just me?

With about 15 minutes left if I'm winning by one goal, I look at the formation screen. As soon as the opposition go 4-2-4, I go to a ridiculously defensive tactic like 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 with defensive, slow, time wasting play and hope for the best. Doesn't guarentee you won't get done, but helps.

Heck, I find quite a lot the other team piles all 10 outfield players into the box and as long as I keep Fernando up, just about in my half, we can launch the ball up and he's got the killer instinct to put the game away.

Archived