3-0 up at half time...

Don't go all-defensive - if you're 3-0 up at half-time, the chances of another goal (perhaps on the counter or by exploiting any space the opposition leave behind by trying to attack) are fairly high.

Slow the game down and try and control the game - perhaps counter-attacking if your tactic suits it.

Say nothing at half time, go a bit more defensive, slow it down a bit, turn long shots and time-wasting up, tackling too. I think 3-0 is fine though, it's 2-0 that can be the killer for me!

Key point here. The half-time team-talk is crucial. If you say 'pleased' or 'delighted' to the wrong personality types. they'll get complacent and let the oppo back in. Keep 'em hungry by saying nothing except to your highest raters ('have faith' works, don't gush).

Having motivated them correctly, apply the tactics as said above.

"Don't let your performance drop" for those above 7.5 "you have faith" for those under 7.5 and above 6.9 "Dissapointed" for those under 6.9 and above 6.5 "angry" for those below 6.5

You need to keep the situation in mind. If you are 3-0 up then whoever is playing under a 7 is massively underperforming, while at the same time it is far too early to start congratulating players on their awesomeness. If my captainwas playing under a 7.0 I would rip into him no matter what.

You may have to spend a season becoming favoured personell of your players before you try this strategy though...

Damn, thats why i always used to lose 5-4 in matches i was winning 4-0 lol, because of teamtalk. So do most people recommend while winning 3 or 4 nil to not say anything at half time?

I put my ass man up to 20 in everything I could possibly think of that would affect team talks and press conferences, and with my Arsenal side, 4-0 seems to be the point where he recommends "pleased", occasionally at 2-0 or 3-0 against a good side/performing very well. But it's almost always nothing and he never gives individual team talks if I'm winning by two or more goals. It depends heavily on your individuals, mind, so "pleased" might well be the best in most situations for some teams.

Key point here. The half-time team-talk is crucial. If you say 'pleased' or 'delighted' to the wrong personality types. they'll get complacent and let the oppo back in. Keep 'em hungry by saying nothing except to your highest raters ('have faith' works, don't gush).

Having motivated them correctly, apply the tactics as said above.

Completely agree with this.

The chances are you will always upset some players whatever you say, and since the game fails to offer any feedback as to what you should be saying it is just guesswork as to the best talk. Therefore at 3-0 up you should say nothing at all.

So how did the match end?

Annoyingly, my laptop chose that moment to perform its now daily crash :(

Won the game 1-0 in the next try, though :)

Cheers for all the advice given in this thread, will use it next time I'm 3 up ;):)

I'm playing a game as I speak, it's just got to half time, and I'm 3-0 up at half time against Blyth (I'm Stalybridge Celtic)...

What should I do to avoid a miracle 4-3 win for them now?! :p

Cheers,

Joe :)

wooo stalybridge, local to me :D

Archived