Sunday's All Nighter!

Bit early to start the thread I know, but just wanted to see how many people would be up for it, if i had started it any later a lot of people would have gone offline by then.

Anyway who's up for it

How's everyones games going?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For goodness sake, what is the point of making this so early? If someone is planning on doing an allnighter a thread isn't going to make a difference. Should be closed until 10 imo. At earliest.

And what harm is it making it soo early.....?

arsenal_2111 - I think you're missing something. If the OP had waited, he would have run the risk of someone else opening an all-nighter thread and stealing his thunder. Therefore, he had to start one just as the last of us are digesting our Sunday dinners.

Seriously, though. An all-nighter thread at 8... We'll be getting all-weekender threads on a Wednesday next.

TBH, most people who want to do an all nighter, will do one. Seeing a thread before night time, saying "All nighter" is hardly likely to entice people in making that decision.

Plus, chances are, a lot of people who will be involved in an all nighter, won't even be online before night time, thus negating the need to open this early entirely

Seriously i think a lot of people on this forum struggle to read.... I think i made a fare point in my previous post

What, so the incentive of being able to post in a thread is going to keep people up all night? I don't think so.

If someone wants to do an all nighter they will. Having a thread appear at 8 is going to make no difference to that.

And before you start to come out with the petty insults, look at the times of the posts.

Ok, well its not exactly something to cry about is it ffs, if its posted early, its posted early. Absolutely nothing wrong with that

Well ok, if you're not willing to have a discussion about it then fine. But you know my views, as well as most of the forums members.

I've been on these forums a while now and is it just me or have these all-nighter threads become more and more, well, popular is the wrong word, but they seem to be pretty regular now!

When I saw the first one I thought it was pretty cool, now I see one everyday and to be honest, I think they are a pain...I know I dont have to read them but hey, its my opinion :o

The point is what exactly?

The point is to give people who dont have to go work or for next 2 weeks dont have to go to school the opportunity to discuss there FM saves while shameless post boosting at the same time.

They seem to be able to go off topic and enclose regular player naming both of which are against forum rules but the threads seem to able to continue anyway. :thdn:

I've been on these forums a while now and is it just me or have these all-nighter threads become more and more, well, popular is the wrong word, but they seem to be pretty regular now!

When I saw the first one I thought it was pretty cool, now I see one everyday and to be honest, I think they are a pain...I know I dont have to read them but hey, its my opinion :o

The point is what exactly?

The point is, throughout the night to discuss your games on FM..... simple as.... but of fun really.

EDIT - Beaten to it

The point is, throughout the night to discuss your games on FM..... simple as.... but of fun really.

But that isn't how they turn out. Often, like Huw said, they just end up being full of off topic, post boosting, player naming spam. All of which are not actually permissible in GD

Maybe they should create a sub-forum to discuss our games, instead of us having to make separate threads

You could post in the GPTG, in whatever club thread you are playing as.

Then you can player name and discuss your save as much as you like.

EDIT: Owned by Alan :(;)

Seriously, though. An all-nighter thread at 8... We'll be getting all-weekender threads on a Wednesday next.

That made me laugh out loud!

The point is to give people who dont have to go work or for next 2 weeks dont have to go to school the opportunity to discuss there FM saves while shameless post boosting at the same time.

They seem to be able to go off topic and enclose regular player naming both of which are against forum rules but the threads seem to able to continue anyway. :thdn:

Fully agree with this. These threads should be banned, they serve no purpose.

Where is Neji with his banning/infraction stick when you need him?

Fully agree with this. These threads should be banned, they serve no purpose.

Where is Neji with his banning/infraction stick when you need him?

I've got to agree, now.

A couple of days ago I didn't mind these threads. Quite liked them, in fact.

But that was when they were being set up in the night, 10pm (GMT) +. Now they are being made too early, and it is ridiculous having these threads on the forum all day round. They should be made about 10 o clock and not be posted in after 8am (GMT) imo. Other than that they should be closed.

Either that or there is just one thread that is opened or closed when it is night.

lol guys these threads are only a bit of fun to discuss your fm save overnight no need to cry about it

I know what you mean, but they're all-nighter threads. You wouldn't start an afternoon thread first thing in the morning, and the same principle applies here.

FM09 and Wrestlemania :D

Sounds like a good idea unfortunatly so I have to watch 'Mania tomorrow

Made me Laugh this one Mike.

Seriously I agree with banning all nighter threads being started till 10pm

Jesus some people on this forum are right kill joys :|

It's not doing any harm,so if you dont like the threads avoid them, dont spam your hatred into them ;)

I actaully wasnt planning on doing an allnighter the other day, came on here and saw this thread, and actually had one of the best games so far since I got the game, so to say they are useless is wrong, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who will have had that experience.

This thread made me laugh.

Overall, all nighter threads are pointless and they end up being a thread full of off-topic crap. If you want to tell everyone how you are going to spend the night, or what colour make-up you are wearing, otf is the place for you ;)

The majority of ones I have been in have been in stay, for the most part, on topic. I have yet to see one 'full of off-topic crap' as you put it....

I say if you dont like the thread don't post. I find man threads on here rubbish, so I just leave and leave them be, why can't you lot do the same :|

Archived