massive attendance in playoffs

i'm currently managing tembisa classic in the south african first division and my record attendance, set just last week in the final game of the league season, was 995. i just played the first leg of the playoffs to get promoted and the record was broken by an attendance of 9782 isn't this a bit strange? the match generated ten times the record gate reciepts and i made more money from the gate reciepts than i did for my final league position (1st).

i just think it's weird that there would be such a dramatic change in the attendances considering the last game of the season where 995 attended was against second place in the league who needed to win to secure that position and if they had done i could have finished 3rd missing out on the playoffs altogether.

Not at all, I remember when Oldham were in the P/O's a few seasons ago, we had to win on the last day to get into them, about 6,000 attendence, then in the actuall playoffs, we got a good 13,000!

yerp happens with many teams, people who dont usually support that team will travel to a game such as the playoffs because of local pride. This usually happens when a team that doesn't usually have success, has the chance to achieve success, this means a larege rise in attendence.

sorry about being dictionary sounding :D

i'm currently managing tembisa classic in the south african first division and my record attendance, set just last week in the final game of the league season, was 995. i just played the first leg of the playoffs to get promoted and the record was broken by an attendance of 9782 isn't this a bit strange? the match generated ten times the record gate reciepts and i made more money from the gate reciepts than i did for my final league position (1st).

i just think it's weird that there would be such a dramatic change in the attendances considering the last game of the season where 995 attended was against second place in the league who needed to win to secure that position and if they had done i could have finished 3rd missing out on the playoffs altogether.

Not really as the day of the play-off for your team is probably the most important day in its history.

yes i see your point, but surely the game that i had directly beforehand was the second most important if that's true? in which case you'd think this was a massive increase from one game to the next. the game with just under 10, 000 was played at my stadium, the same where i'd never managed to fill a tenth of it.

I agree this is wierd. Stockport doubled our average attendace last season in a semi-final, but I doubt we could have got much more than that (10,000 seater ground) Then again South Africa may be different, does anyone know what football is like for South African people?

Well, on my Benidorm side, I'm lucky if I draw 4 figures in a game. However, for the Federation Cup, the stadium miraculously filled itself and 16,000+ people decided that the game was worth watching.

Weird...

Archived