FM Community & Game Integration

Had a bit of an idea, was interested as to the thoughts of others on here. As forum members we all have SEGA ID's, I thought it would be interesting if we could link our FM games with that so our profiles updated with career history, game win/loss statistics etc. A bit like xbox live achievements, other forum users could see who you are managing and how you are getting on by looking at your profile. It would be a way for the game to become even more connected with the community.

I know I haven't really sold the concept very well there but maybe others could think about developing some ideas to go with it?

Cheers,

Sam.

Had a bit of an idea, was interested as to the thoughts of others on here. As forum members we all have SEGA ID's, I thought it would be interesting if we could link our FM games with that so our profiles updated with career history, game win/loss statistics etc. A bit like xbox live achievements, other forum users could see who you are managing and how you are getting on by looking at your profile. It would be a way for the game to become even more connected with the community.

I know I haven't really sold the concept very well there but maybe others could think about developing some ideas to go with it?

Cheers,

Sam.

that's a very good idea, could be looked into, some people will claim its an invasion of privacy though, would we be able to manually hide/reveal certain parts?

that's a very good idea, could be looked into, some people will claim its an invasion of privacy though, would we be able to manually hide/reveal certain parts?

Yes of course, I'd see it as very much optional. It could even be customised to just show current club managed, or you could choose to go the whole hog and show details of all your FM experiences.

Much like an onion, there are so many layers this could be complimented with - transfer activity, managerial relationships, in game records - these kind of things are what give FM games so much of their flavour.

In terms of how difficult or otherwise it is then if the technologs is around for an XBOX it can be that hard to intergrate into the game>?

Yeah but it isn't exactly the same. Everyone on xbox live is using the same system, and I'd imagine it's much easier to link up your achievements to your profile on the xbox. Here, we're all using different systems etc so I'd imagine it could get a bit messy. Might be too much work than it's actually worth, considering that the majority of FM gamers don't frequent these forums.

Realistically, no-one can stop people from saving and re-loading.

Yes but that isn't what I was getting at. At what stage do the statistics get updated? After every match? At each save?

What if I revert to an older save? How will the games I did play be reflected in my profile?

Yes but that isn't what I was getting at. At what stage do the statistics get updated? After every match? At each save?

What if I revert to an older save? How will the games I did play be reflected in my profile?

I'm sure there would be a way to build an intelligent system to deal with that. End of the day, there's no cash or reward at stake, the motivations to massage your figures don't seem overly compelling.

Nice to see a positive response, thanks guys :-)

Oh right, sorry about that. I think it should contain your stats from all previous games and saves, if that's possible.

Archived