One of the Best Managers in the World, but can't get a job.

The title sums it all up really. I've won 5 Serie A titles, a champions League, and an Italian Cup with Hellas Verona but i've got itchy feet and want to move to England or Spain to prove myself there. Trouble is no-one will employ me. I've applied to Real Madrid and Barca (fair nough if they rejected me i guess) Newcastle United, CHARLTON ATHLETIC, and a 10th placed, knackered Man Utd.

Not one application was successful. Man Utd appointed DAVE JONES for christ sakes. What am I doing wrong here? FM Apologists can steer clear, i need advice that might work.

I've taken Verona from Serie C to the Club World Championships, where's the love?

So you've managed Brazil as well, any success with them?

The starting rep could be playing a part but seen as you have had success, and your continental reputation would now surpass this. I am sorry, but I am unsure what to suggest...

So you've managed Brazil as well, any success with them?

Only the final of the copa america, where we lost on penalties to Argentina. After they came back with 2 goals from a 39-year old Leo Messi. But that's a whole other thread..

I get offered International jobs all the time, when i resigned from Brazil following that match, they urged me to reconsider and offered me the job again.

Whats your contract like? Its possible other clubs are bing scared off by the cost of getting you released by your current club. Next time you apply for a job save the game and quit from your current club and most likely you should get an offer.

Whats your contract like? Its possible other clubs are bing scared off by the cost of getting you released by your current club. Next time you apply for a job save the game and quit from your current club and most likely you should get an offer.

Beat me to it!;)

Nice one. That could well be it; i've currently got 2 years left on a £63,000 a week deal, which could well be scaring the likes of Charlton off.

The cheap b**tards

no offense to you, but what i find hard to believe is the REAL best managers in the world (like fergusen, wenger, capello etc) never get new jobs when they get sacked (ie a human manager takes over or they get sacked for doing crap)

perhaps you should apply for a championship team, in the years you are in i am guessing the gap between english football and italian football is bigger :S

Only the final of the copa america, where we lost on penalties to Argentina. After they came back with 2 goals from a 39-year old Leo Messi. But that's a whole other thread..

I get offered International jobs all the time, when i resigned from Brazil following that match, they urged me to reconsider and offered me the job again.

Haha,, 39 year old? Does he live that long then?

lol

Archived