Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor

Now these two have been banned from representing Scotand i was wondering if anyone could comfirm if in future FMs they'll be available for selection or not? If not would they be 'retired from international football' or have a 'lifetime international ban' in the game?

I think the decision to ban them was spot on. We won't miss McGregor because we have Craig Gordon and I think we are a better team when Barry 'The Crab' Ferguson isn't playing.

On topic though I think they'll just have a lifetime international ban in next year's game.

The ban is utterly rediculous... especially after the SFA said they considered the matter closed only to then perma ban them.

Well whatever, IF and thats a big if Scotland actually make it to the world cup im sure that these supposed perma bans would be lifted quicker than George Burley can say "im sorry".

Especialy so with regards to McGregor seeing as hes got 10+ years ahead of him in football and Gordon isnt going to be fit or match sharp for that whole time.

But Gordon and Mcgregor are the only two good ones. What if Gordon got injured? Barry Ferguson's a legend and still could play another 2-4 years at international IMO. So all you saying they deserved it, while i agree they were immature and stupid, they will be a loss.

And a lifetime international ban for having a wee drink and sticking up the fingers? Get a grip.

The ban is utterly rediculous... especially after the SFA said they considered the matter closed only to then perma ban them.

Well whatever, IF and thats a big if Scotland actually make it to the world cup im sure that these supposed perma bans would be lifted quicker than George Burley can say "im sorry".

Especialy so with regards to McGregor seeing as hes got 10+ years ahead of him in football and Gordon isnt going to be fit or match sharp for that whole time.

so in your view it's ok for players on high wages not to care for anybody but themselves and go on an all night drinking binge?

then to top it all off stick fingers up and think they're being clever?

i'm not scottish i'm english but i'm sure scotland can do without these 2 idiots

imo david bentley shouldn't get called up to the english team because of his u21 showing, if i was a manager i'd only want passionate, hard working players not schoolboys that think they are funny

No doubt an englishman was going to come along and agree with the ban...

imo, scotland were just as good last week without them... i thought they showed more fight when it was 1-1 then before

ofc i don't watch them everytime but i caught the game on sky sports the following day

and i might be english but i'd like to see all home nations do well and qualify

I have to say well done to Rangers and Walter Smith for the way they have reacted. Smith only left the Scotland job because he loves Rangers, and for him to say they are both going when they still have a shout for the title is strong leadership. These two muppets deserve everything they get, they both have a history of getting headlines for off field antics.

They forgot what it means to represent Scotland and they have been hammered to within an inch of their lives, and though risking the loss of multiple trophies the club they play for has gained the ultimate respect of an entire nation by valuing that nation above all else.

You were born here, you wore our colours, how exactly did you fail to understand what this country means? You will never play for us again. The behaviour mocked Scotland and the punishment restored our dignity, not to mention sent out a message to anyone involved with Scottish football. I have no end of admiration for Walter Smith after this incident, and no end of admiration for those that truly represent my country.

Muppet? Headlines for antics? Yeah, maybe Mcgregor.. he was a bit of a pimp. But Barry Ferguson is a total proffessional. When you look at his story it's all he's ever wanted to be, and captaining Rangers was his dream since he could walk basically! Now all of that and all hes done for Rangers is being taken away just for this? Seems harsh if you ask me.

I remember ferguson getting involved in a fight in a bar after an old firm game. He went home then went out to a bar in his Rangers tracksuit and was caught hitting someone with a belt (allegedly) and it made the front pages. Le Guen wanted him out due to his disruptive influence but Murray didnt have the bottle to back him but at least he has backed Smith.

Fergusons older brother wasted his career and tried to stop Barry doing the same, guess he just lasted a wee bit longer than Derek did.

Muppet? Headlines for antics? Yeah, maybe Mcgregor.. he was a bit of a pimp. But Barry Ferguson is a total proffessional. When you look at his story it's all he's ever wanted to be, and captaining Rangers was his dream since he could walk basically! Now all of that and all hes done for Rangers is being taken away just for this? Seems harsh if you ask me.

That lad was born in Scotland and played for Scotland and has been crushed by Scotsmen for disrespecting Scotsmen. That is the end of the story and that is my country and that is why he will never play for it again.

There is no way you can say well they should be let off because they are quality players. You can't make decisions based on how good a player is. I think it's fantastic that a decision has been made and it sets and example for any players in the future, you can't just not ban someone because they are an important part of the team.

I'm sure there willbe some kind of ban implemented in the game once the full extent of who the punishment came from is public knowledge

Please use the thread in the Football Forum to discuss this. Thanks :thup:

In regards to the original question, SI try to replicate current situations like this as best they can. So if the bans stands and is from the SFA, expect it to be that way in the next FM.

Archived