60 to One - Live Draw 6:20pm

60 to One

11_22_62---Big-Ben-Clock-Face--London_web.jpg

The managers of Europe’s top leagues have been replaced by 60 forumites: only one of whom will win the title of ‘CSE Endurance King’. To win, they must have not only skill but patience, and he that remains at his club the longest will win. However, everyone has not one, but three chances at this elusive prize.

The Concept

A sign-up run by Ridleys, mikeytwigge and myself, each participant has three lives, represented by the three versions of the save run by each of us. If a participant’s manager is fired, resigns or moves to another club, he loses that life. Once a participant loses all three lives, i.e. leaves their club in all three saves, they are out. The last participant to lose all three lives is the winner.

How it Works

First off, you fill in the sign-up form which will be posted below. This will give you the chance to fight it out for the winner’s spot. Once sixty people have signed up, they will then be drawn to their clubs, either in the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga or Italian Serie A. I will create the database but all three saves will be run on the same database, with the 9.3.0 patch.

What follows are month-by-month reports on your progress at your club, one report from each of us. If you lose your job on one of the saves, that user will stop reporting on you. After the three reports, there will be a lives table where you will see the number of lives you have left alongside the number of days you spent at your club before leaving. You can also see your job security in each save.

Once you lose all three lives, it would be nice if you could still post in the thread. Of course, we also expect you to post in the thread while you are still in the competition. While we haven’t included any codes for you to post to prove you’ve read the rules, we hope you do so and while we aren’t throwing out those who don’t post, there’s no advantage for you of not posting and it just takes the edge off the sign-up. If the winner of the sign-up has a less than satisfactory participation in the thread, the “prize” will go to the second-placed person, or possibly further.

The Live Draw

The Live Draw will be conducted once all 60 spaces have been subscribed to and confirmed, and will take place in this thread. It will be random, made using a random number generator. Each club will be given a number between one and sixty, and the users will be assigned a number from the live draw. For instance, if the first random number generated is 15, the first person to sign up will be given club 15. While a more definitive date will be given closer to the time, it is likely that it will happen the evening of the day after the sign-up closes. The thread title will change to notify you that the Live Draw is taking place.

The Updates

Updates will be posted once a week, and each one reflects one month’s game time. Apart from in exceptional circumstances, we will all post our updates on the same day at a similar time, that day being Saturdays. If we cannot post updates, we will talk together and let you know of the news. Each update will give a summary of the managers’ performances, with a special emphasis on those who have been fired, so bear in mind that you will not be mentioned in every update unless you make it towards the end. Each update will also have a manager of the update, as selected by the user posting the update.

The Reserved Spots

The following people have reserved spots, and haven’t yet claimed them. Once a reserved person claims their spot, they will be removed from this list:

1. Nomis07

If these users do not post their details before the deadline (see below), the spots will be available for all.

The Sign Up (please read this)

There are sixty places, however, there are eight users with places reserved so as to ensure that some reliable posters are involved. Each of the three of us running the sign-up will also get a manager in the draw. As a result, there are 49 free spaces. There is a sign-up form which you need to fill in according to the following instructions.

You obviously need to give your manager’s name and date and month of birth. You do not need a year of birth: all managers will be set to 40 at the beginning of the game. Each manager will have a Current Ability of 130 and a Potential Ability of 160. You then need to give your nationality, including a second one if necessary. If you wish for your manager to be female, please add that to the bottom of your sign-up form.

Next, you need to give your favourite ice cream flavour. This will determine for you a number of your attributes that will be set at 20, and a number of them which will be set at 1. Each ice cream flavour has two personal data, two tactical attributes and two coaching attributes set at 20, and each has one personal datum, one tactical attribute and one coaching attribute that will be set at 1. These are based on the descriptions of the ice cream flavours from a personality test website.

There are five flavours to choose from: Mint Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee and Strawberry. Obviously not all ice cream flavours are chooseable, so you will need to choose the closest to your favourite, so, for example, Rum and Raisin might transfer to Strawberry. At this point, we are not going to tell you which attributes correlate to which ice creams, but we will reveal that information in due course. Don’t give an ice cream flavour without reading this, or you will look very silly when we tell you that ‘Lemon and Honeysuckle Sensations’ isn’t an option.

The Sign-Up Form

Please fill in the sign-up form below after reading all the information above.

Manager Name:

Date and Month of Birth:

Nationality:

Second Nationality (if applicable):

Favourite Ice Cream:

There is no need to update a list; I will keep track of this.

Writer’s Notes

This is my third sign-up, mikeytwigge’s third and Ridleys’s fourth. So you can comfortably assume that we have experience running sign-ups and can sign-up without risk of this dying. However, one way to avoid the death of the sign-up is to not permit those who have signed up to our sign-ups in the past yet not posted. Consequently, the following are forbidden from signing up:

eldereth

frithleeds

tommyh_16

O’Hara Fan

There are no other restrictions on signing up. The sign-up period will run for 7 days. This means that signing up will close at this time on Saturday 11th April. There is also a strict limit of 60 users signing-up.

Just to clarify, this is a sign-up and means that you do not need to play the game or even own it to take part. If there are any questions, mikeytwigge, Ridleys and I will be on hand to answer them.

Image courtesy of [noparse]www.freefoto.com[/noparse]. This happens to be my 3,300th post.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeytwigge

credit must go to canvey for creating this wonderful sign up and as he said if any of you have any questions i will be here to answer them for you

Manager Name: Tom Hamilton

Date and Month of Birth: 20th September (20/09)

Nationality: English

Second Nationality (if applicable): Australian

Favourite Ice Cream: Strawberry

Looking forward to this, it seems to have the potential to be one of the sign-ups of the year :D

Great idea yet again Canvey!! :thup::)

I'll make my guy too.

Manager Name: Fréderico Canvey

Date and Month of Birth: 01.01

Nationality: Spanish

Favourite Ice Cream: Mint Choc Chip

I'm not choosing Mint Choc Chip for the attributes it gives me (as I know them), but it is my favourite ice cream so I'm going to be honest.

Guest mikeytwigge

Manager Name: mikey twigge

Date and Month of Birth: 23rd July

Favourite Ice Cream: Strawberry

Canvey, i reckon that yours and the other 2 should be random, not decided by yourself as they can determine how good/bad your manager is. Is that OK with you as it doesn't seem fair on the rest of us. Or alternatively, you could tell us which ice cream gives you which attributes as then it will be fairer on the rest of us :)

If you don't agree, no worries mate, just do it how you said in the OP :)

Manager Name: Wobill Luman

Date and Month of Birth: April 22nd

Second Nationality (if applicable): Spanish

Favourite Ice Cream: Mint Choc Chip

I'm really looking forward to this. It is a great idea and hopefully, will be a great sign-up :thup:

Guest mikeytwigge

i honestly couldnt remember what had been chosen for each one and thought it would be best not to check. However the attributes have been chosen so that managers are about equal just with different stregths and weaknesses

Manager Name: Lisa Jeffries (female, duh)

Date and Month of Birth: February 29th

Nationality: Canadian

2nd Nationality: Australian

Favourite Ice Cream: The only ice-cream worth eating is that made by the Hockings company in North Devon. The only flavour they produce is Vanilla.

Manager Name: Ricky Nakano

Date and Month of Birth: 13/06

Nationality: Canadian

Second Nationality (if applicable): Japanese

Favourite Ice Cream: Mint Chocolate Chip. Pwns all other flavours. :D

Nice to see a few other Canadian managers out there. ;)

Manager Name: Super Lampard

Date and Month of Birth: 12th April

Second Nationality (if applicable): N/A

Favourite Ice Cream: Vanilla

Great idea lads, have always thought sign-ups where more than one person play the game work well even if there is a lack of them

Manager Name: Tyler Burrows

Date and Month of Birth: July 14

Nationality: Andorran

Favourite Ice Cream: Coffee (I work in an Ice Cream Shop, I'm an expert on these sorts of things!!! Rum and Raisin is currently the best seller, But come summer time, Boysenberry sales go though the roof. Personally, I'd go for Rainbow!!!)

Missed out on both of your sign-up's so far Canvey!!, However this is my chance to be apart of your phenomon!

Hi guys, just here too announce my entrance. Very excited about this as co-runner and i'm glad alot of you are excited as well. Quite alot of work went in to this idea (although canvey!! has put in most of the input) so hopefully you will enjoy it! :)

So I take it you're not going to be participating as a manager Ridleys?

You can't do worse that your performances over in the EPL Thread:D

Yes I am participating, just wanted to submit a different post for my managers profile. :thup:

I've got a question as well actually, sorry if it has already been mentioned. What will the reputation of the managers be set as? I suppose they won't last long if the reputation is quite low...

I actually don't know that, i'm sure we have discussed that before, but I don't remember. Canvey!! will know though i'm sure you'll get an answer from him when he comes back on. :thup:

Can we also set our favourite team to the team that we are managing. That will make it even less likely that we will move :)

That will be for canvey!! to decide as he will be making the database. :thup: I'm sure he has a way to work around it.

Archived