Tutoring - what is the difference betweent he 3 options?

i think they all do the same thing but i guess a player is more likely to give it a go even if unsure if you choose the higher options which means that it could pay off, but it could go wrong, and is more likely to happen regardless

not like i know the answer but hey

Yes the higher options seem to indicate more of a pushy stance.

Anyone else?

The way I understand it, they are different 'strengths' of tutoring. The stronger the bond between the players, the more the player will learn off his tutor, but the bigger the potential fallout if they don't get on.

There is a thread somewhere around, that I can't find at the moment, where the guy tested each option (in FM08) and proved they made no difference.

Personally I only ever use the top option, as I have never seen any real difference.

I normally just use "cane learn from xxxxx" as I have never seen any difference in results. Sometimes players just clash with each other no matter what method of tutoring you try.

Sometimes in a players coach report your assistant will say "believes xxxx could benefit from learning from xxxx" or "believes xxxx could benefit from being tutored by xxxx". But I haven't seen it on patch 9.3.0.

• 1 month later...

Im actualy trying to find a thread on that subject right now.

I read that someone found that the options played a part i the player learning the personal skills/mental stats or both.

Im not sure exactly though.

If I recall correctly - the first option is the highest setting, will result in the tutee changing his stats towards that of the tutor as well as learning most (even all) of the tutor's PPM (preferred moves). This is also the most likely to fail, though, causing both to dislike each other. I personally don't try this one unless they have the same personality (or even better, the tutee is listed as having the same playing style - see personal page). Takes the longest time, around 6 months.

The second option is less likely to fail. It adjust the tutee's mental stats.

The third option is the most likely to succeed since it will only make the tutee learn the tutor's PPM. Takes around 3 months.

Usually you'll get an indication whether the tutoring will succeed based on the players' reaction. It's important to have the tutee respect the tutor - and that the tutor is not reluctant to the idea. You need the tutee to be at 22 at most, having far lesser reputation than the tutor, as well as the the tutor to be in the first team for a while.

Any chance of an official answer on this as people are coming out with conflicting views.

I can categorically tell you that the

Option 1 = PPMs

Option 2 = mental attributes

Option 3 = Both

is wrong. You can either believe me or test it for yourself.

The most likely explanation is that it relates to matching the personality of the player you want to tutor with your option (the more professional they are the less likely it is they'll get the hump if you choose 'ideal role model') but even still there is a random effect at work with respect to how a player reacts and the 'extent' to which he learns.

But there is no definitive, obvious correlation that I could find (not that there isn't one, just I couldn't see it) so the above is a generality and may well be wrong.

So there are conflicting views but one of them is 100% wrong :D

With regards to attributes they shift relative to the tutor if the tutoring is successful, not dependent on the option chosen in a direct, deterministic manner.

I can categorically tell you that the

Option 1 = PPMs

Option 2 = mental attributes

Option 3 = Both

is wrong. You can either believe me or test it for yourself.

The most likely explanation is that it relates to matching the personality of the player you want to tutor with your option (the more professional they are the less likely it is they'll get the hump if you choose 'ideal role model') but even still there is a random effect at work with respect to how a player reacts and the 'extent' to which he learns.

But there is no definitive, obvious correlation that I could find (not that there isn't one, just I couldn't see it) so the above is a generality and may well be wrong.

So there are conflicting views but one of them is 100% wrong :D

With regards to attributes they shift relative to the tutor if the tutoring is successful, not dependent on the option chosen in a direct, deterministic manner.

Since you seem to have an air of confidence in what you say, can you confirm or deny a few points...?

1.a) Does one option take longer than others

1.b) Is this the same for each situation?

2. Is one option more likely to work but mwith more chance of a rift?

When it comes down to it, what is the benefit of each option, if there are any? And if so, what are the negatives?

Archived