Help! Game running speed slow

I have a dell 9150 desk top with a Pentium 3g dual core processor, I recently installed 4 g of ballistix memory and it still takes an age to process results data, is this a floor with game or computer?

I only get a couple of hours playing time each week so speed is essential, please advise anyone?

Create a desktop shortcut, right click, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select Windows XP (Service Pack 1/2/3) which puts it in XP Compatibility mode that makes the game run faster. If a message comes up, click yes as it doesn't damage the computer.

Hope that speeds the game up (It should do :))

Create a desktop shortcut, right click, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select Windows XP (Service Pack 1/2/3) which puts it in XP Compatibility mode that makes the game run faster. If a message comes up, click yes as it doesn't damage the computer.

Hope that speeds the game up (It should do :))

Bear in mind this only works if you're using vista.

I am using XP, it sometimes takes several minutes to process results data, is this usual?

How many is several? I find 2-4 minutes is normal for me, but then I run a few more leagues with half the RAM that you have

How many is several? I find 2-4 minutes is normal for me, but then I run a few more leagues with half the RAM that you have

yes 2 - 4 minutes is about right, perhaps this is normal then, although I would have thought with just the one league and a small player database it would run faster than this.

• 3 weeks later...

The game is slooooooooooow. Nothing you can do about it, only SI can fix this, but im not sure if they will ever be willing to invest some effort into this or if they are even technically capable enough to do it.

The game is not slow- there are many things that will combine to slow the processing time down- if you are sensible about database size, leagues selected and detail level, if you have a reasonable computer, the game will run fine.

The game IS slow. Even on the fastest computer available it crawls using a modest amount of leagues. Just imagine how much faster the game would have to be to be able to actually play with all those leagues actually processing properly instead of only the league you are playing on being processed fully.

The game IS slow. Even on the fastest computer available it crawls using a modest amount of leagues. Just imagine how much faster the game would have to be to be able to actually play with all those leagues actually processing properly instead of only the league you are playing on being processed fully.

I have a Quad Core with 4GB of RAM - doesn't run slow at all.

Like FrazT says, you just have to be realistic with your setup.

I have a Quad Core with 4GB of RAM - doesn't run slow at all.

Like FrazT says, you just have to be realistic with your setup.

Overclocked quad core with 4gb ram and a raid 0 setup. The game is slow.

I have a quad core with 4GBs of ram also and my games run fast. Sometimes when there are loads of internationals it may take around 20 second to complete them but nothing serious. My usual set-up is all the English leagues although a couple of times I have added the first division of the French and Spanish league. No noticeable increase in loading time though.

I've carried out a few holiday tests and FM09 is actually around 75% slower than FM08 on my system. It's also a lot less responsive as well in my experience.

The speed of the game is something I'd really like to see improved for FM10.

They improved the speed of 08 after 07, so perhaps the same kind of optimisation will take place for FM10.

Fingers crossed anyway.

C.

Its really subjective. To me even a one second wait is perceived as slow to some a few minutes of staring at a monitor doing nothing seems fast.

For example google found out that half a second of an additional delay affects their revenues 20%. Amazon's results are similar. Every 1/10 of a second lowers their revenue by 1%. So in reality customers satisfaction correlates strongly with the speed of the application. Sure im comparing web based applications with a game, but in the end there is not a lot of difference.

IMO SI should seriously focus on speed in their next version instead of developing another pointless addition such as conferences or team talks. i dont think its impossible to speed up the game by 10 fold.

Archived