CSE Enrichment April - Pride of the Nation

Well after volunteering to do this month's enrichment, I had to think of an idea of what to do.

Canvey had his wordsearch, Paul had his crossword, so what could I do?

Well I couldn't think of anything along the lines that Paul and Canvey had done. Canvey had specified to me though that he wanted something that lasted. Well, after thinking through it for a while, I came up with an idea that I knew could last.

So this is what I came up with..... [drum roll]....

"Pride of the Nation.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pride of the Nation: Part 1 - The Beginning

Unknown takes England Job

"Outrageous" ,"Disgraceful", "Horrendous". These are all frequent terms in conversation when talking about the new England manager. The FA had reason to offer the England post out openly after Fabio Capello resigned after dismissing the squad as "regens". We presume that this is an Italian term as nobody seems to know what it means.

However their decision to appoint the unknown "Dafuge" has been met with unanimous criticism from the general public. The FA had even predicted it and have had to nickname the new manager. All we know about the mysterious fellow is that he is 28 and lives on the Isle of Wight.

However to dwell on his appointment would be wrong. We should instead look to the future. After Steve McLaren failed to lead the team to qualification, things can't get any worse for "Dafuge". All we can do is hope for the best.

Pride of the Nation: The Beginning - Part 2

He shut the paper. Well at least the article ended on a good note, he thought. He folded the paper under his arm, donned his sunglasses and hat, and walked swiftly out of the park towards his dwelling.

For a short while, he had regretted applying for the England job. He had little on his CV. There were two footballing references. The first was managing FC United from rags to the riches of the Champions league. On Football Manager. The second was devising the greatest footballing challenge of all time. On Football Manager. He'd only applied for a joke after a couple of drinks down the pub with his mates. However the football association had decided that he was the man to lead this team of "Regens".

He unlocked the front door, and went into the kitchen. Checking his watch, he saw that it was only 11 am. Sod it, he thought, and pulled a beer out of the fridge. Grabbing a pack of crisps from the cupboard he sat down with the file of information the FA had provided on the players.

England National Team - Assesment

Goalkeepers

Blowcrapup (Chelsea) - Starting keeper for Chelsea. Very nimble with great reflexes. Hard worker.

Pluckaduck (Arsenal) - Starting keeper for Arsenal. A good allrounder.

Bermy Bhoy (Man Utd) - Starting keeper for Man Utd. At 25 younger than the other two. Very good technically and physically, but his mental attributes let him down.

Three good keepers all with different areas of expertise. Choosing the best would be a hard task.

Centre Backs

Super Lampard (Chelsea) - Chelsea's rock in defence. A brilliant defender although isn't the best on the ball.

Rancer (West Ham) - The Hammers defender isn't the best defender in the world , but is still capable.

Roberto (Everton) - Despite being one of the younger members of an ageing squad, Roberto is one of the best players. A capable defender with good ball skills and is hard working.

Hamilton (Blackburn) - Old, but solid in defence and a model pro.

A good starting pair of defenders, although the back up may be a little lacking.

Full backs

Dodgee D (West Brom) - Good in defence, but also a strong dribbler and a good crosser. Left back place should be his

James Ridley (Man Utd) - At 32, the Man Utd right back isn't getting any younger. A very good defender, and crosser, but not great with the ball on the run. The most capped player in the team.

Whoopy D (Man City) - A young full back. Will get better with maturity.

Lower LR (Man City) - A strange name, but a very capable left back.

A good left side, although a lack of backup. Right side could be better

Defensive Midfielders

Swafe - Fenerbache's Midfielder is good allround, but is a good tackler and finisher.

Mikey Twigge (Aston Villa) - A good young prospect, who will get better with age

Ssestig (Spurs) - A good competent allrounder with quick feet.

Haowan (Liverpool) - A determined midfielder whose slight lack of ball skills are made up for by his physicality.

James 99 (West Ham) - Not the greatest midfielder but is good back up.

Two youthful prospects who will hopefully be able to rise to the occasion when needed. Two older steadier hands if needed.

Attacking midfielders

El Sid (Newcastle) - The newcastle midfielder is another good allrounder who works hard for the team

Corinthiano (FC Bayern) - The Brazilian born Englishman currently plying his trade at FC Bayern. Very good in attack, although lacking as a defensive player. Can also play as a winger

SCIAG (Sunderland) - . Like Corinithiano very good off the ball but not great defensively. Can also play as striker or winger.

Some good attacking players, but no real central player who can defend.

Wingers

Canvey (Man Utd) - A youthful winger at 21, but one of the best players in the squad. Tricky and fast.

Wisla Krakow (Spurs) - Fast, and and good crosser. Not the best in the squad, but solid backup.

Spartan (Man City) - A big physical presence but not the greatest with the ball. Can also play as a striker

Weeman (Liverpool) - Good physical, and will run all day. Competent on the ball. Can also play as Striker.

Some very good players makes this one of the strongest areas of the team.

Strikers

Nepen " the" Z (Portsmouth) - Relatively young at 23. Has the ability to become very good.

Tom Smith (Man Utd) - the Man Utd striker is a good finisher with the right attitude.

Robert (Liverpool) - Quick, a good finisher, a good header and will work for the team. One of the best players in the team

Probably the strongest area in the squad. Goals won't be hard to come by.

Young Players

Jimmy Riddle (Man Utd) - Only 16 but looks a brilliant prospect for the left wing.

Paul Hartman (Arsenal) - Another young left winger with an eye for goal.

Robert Langman (Aston Villa) - The young forward looks set to become one of England's future stars.

How old am i? I don't want to retire after a few years as this has great potential. I have no problem being a DC though :)

You're 34.

I'd thought about the ages thing a bit, and when people retire, which some of you will I'm sure, I'll assign your name to a new player.

So when we retire, we will become a new player to ensure that we stay in the game :)

Fine with me :thup: If possible, could i be an AMRLC in future life/form :)

If not, don't worry, i am just glad to be part of this as it seems to be a good idea :)

Full backs

Dodgee D - Good in defence, but also a strong dribbler and a good crosser. Left back place should be his

Just like when we picked teams in the school playground - 'you can be left back' - ah, the memories... :D

Looks like there will be more longievity and interaction in this month's enrichment. :thup: Did you have some method for choosing the strengths/weaknesses?

Hehe, centre back again...

As usual, I'm solid but not the best. Happens all the time.

Come on Hammers!!!

I thought you should probably be one

what age and team am I?

and this looks very interesting, KUTGW!

Age 26 Club Liverpool

Just like when we picked teams in the school playground - 'you can be left back' - ah, the memories... :D

Looks like there will be more longievity and interaction in this month's enrichment. :thup: Did you have some method for choosing the strengths/weaknesses?

Well I started off with a randomly generated game. Then I assigned the players names. The strengths/weaknesses are just my assesment on tthe players attributes.

Pride of the nation: The Beginning - Part 3

With the squad fresh in his mind, Dafuge fetched a pen and paper from his nearby desk and started to sketch a formation. 4-4-2 seemed to be the way to go. The defence was good, and the wings and strikers both had great players. Although the centre of the park might be troublesome. A diamond formation seemed the best way to go here.

With ideas fresh in his mind, it was time to meet the squad. And the media.

He arrived in Soho the next day, ready to meet with the squad. It was still the close season, and with a bit of negotiating with the clubs, the players were spared from pre season training.

The players sat waiting as he walked into the conference room. Standing in front of some of the most well known people in the world, he coughed nervously. Then he began.

" You won't know who I am. That doesn't matter. What does matter is our matches. We haven't won a tournament for over 40 years. It's your job to put that right. You're some of the best players in the world and you can win things. Together we can become heroes for the country. You'll all take part in matches, some of you more than others. However form will be the key, not reputation. I will name a captain in the next few days. That is all."

He left the rather bemused players in the conference room, and made his way to the media centre. A sea of flashes went of as he sat down behind the desk. Through the forest of microphones, he could just about see the press.

" Is this your dream job?" shouted one.

" It hasn't quite had time to sink in yet, but so far it's been brilliant." he replied.

" What do you have to say about the reactions to your appointment?"

" Well, it's fair to say at the end of the day that I am fairy unknown. I think that I can do a good job and I hope I won't make you as sick as a parrot." he said, feeling rather good with himself after fitting in as many cliches as he could think of.

" How will you approach your games"

" With a view to winning. And with lots of farrows." This last sentences seemed to confuse the press somewhat.

" It's a football manager thing", he explained.

" Are you confident that you can take the team to new heights?"

" Yes. We've got good players at our disposal, and I'm confident we can win games"

" Who will be the captain?"

" I will be considering that."

That were all the questions. Dafgue left the room, then Soho, then London to return to his house. He considered the final question. Who would be the captain? Super Lampard seemed like the ideal candidate. Weeman seemed like a capable vice captain too.

can i get a place in this?

Yes.

There are currently 3 people in the squad who aren't assigned.

At the moment, Robert, Jimmy and yourself will take those.

However what with injuries and what not other people will have to be called up to the squad which will be other people who haven't got a player so far.

Archived