Friday All-nighter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just started me a new game, taking on the dizzying heights of the Equadoran national team :D Guerron to rip sudamerianca to shreds.

First priority in this job will be to spell Ecuador right surely ;)

Hmm, shame. I hope they do something about it for FM10...it's clearly a big part of South American football. Even if its just a case of foreign teams from lower countries, losing fitness easier, I think it'd be a good realistic thing to add and would make South America (especially the Copa Libertadores) a new challange.

By the way, I am Arsenal

First season finished with me second in the league, Chelsea won it. Won the FA Cup :) Got to the Semi's of CL but lost out to Barca. And that was it for the first season really.

2nd Season, SO FAR.... Beat Chelsea in CS. Am 7th so far in the league after 4 games.

My Team:

arsenal2p.png

Got promoted last night. Saints is now back where they belong(NO, I said promoted - not relegated), and the manager (aka me) went berserk in transfer market. Suddenly he had more power up front than needed and no wingers - whilst he really should have strengthen the defence :D

Currently trying to get Jerome, Nsue and Keirisson to work together... Looks like the three stooges when playing :(

May or may not be around, getting Megabus to London at 4am, umming and ahhing as to whether to take a nap beforehand or sleep on the coach.

Either way, just took a huge decision, sold my starting left-back of the last four years (a 24-year-old Swedish international) to Barcelona for £27.5m and replaced him with a slightly worse 24-year-old Ghanaian who only cost £11m; the Swede had been complaining that he'd achieved all he could at the club for a year and I finally got fed up of him moaning and figured I'd pocket the profit for my new stadium project. Still, having sold a stalwart player for someone not quite as good, I'm a touch nervous about the results...

May or may not be around, getting Megabus to London at 4am, umming and ahhing as to whether to take a nap beforehand or sleep on the coach.

Either way, just took a huge decision, sold my starting left-back of the last four years (a 24-year-old Swedish international) to Barcelona for £27.5m and replaced him with a slightly worse 24-year-old Ghanaian who only cost £11m; the Swede had been complaining that he'd achieved all he could at the club for a year and I finally got fed up of him moaning and figured I'd pocket the profit for my new stadium project. Still, having sold a stalwart player for someone not quite as good, I'm a touch nervous about the results...

Sleep on the coach mate if you have a nap now your wake up and feel bad

Finished last nights thread with the following:

Rangers 2nd January 2009

2nd in the SPL 6 points behind Celtic.

Through to the 1st knockout round of the CL against Inter.

Just brought in:

Danko lazovic

Bogdan Stancu

Daniel Aquino

Just sold:

Barry Ferguson

Andy Webster

========================================================================================

Tonight i started by selling a few more players

OUT:

Steven Naismith: £2m to Fulham

Pedro Mendes: £6.75m to Lyon

Kris Boyd: £2m to Kobenhavn

Total £10.75m

Beat Brechin in the Scottish cup 5-0, Stancu and Aquino both scoring a brace on their debut... Lazovic getting 2 assists.

Beat Falkirk, Aberdeen, ICT and Dundee United comfortably. to pick up 12 vital points while celtic dropped points to cut their lead to 4 points.

Faced Celtic away in the Scottish 5th round, beat them 2-1 thanks to a Mark Wilson OG 4 minutes from time.

3-4 days later i faced Celtic again in the SPL and drew 1-1 with them so the 4 point gap remained.

Beat Kilmarnock 3-0 at home while Motherwell beat Celtic 3-0 to make their lead a very slender 1 point.

Faced Inter at home in the 1st round of the knockout stages and got beat 1-0... should have been a lot worse but McGregor was on fire.

So as it stands my team has realy started to work well together and we have clawed back what was a 10 point lead to just 1 point.... I dont expect any miracle away to Inter so it lookds like ill get to concentrate on the domestic side of things soon enough.

All my players are doing well, i had feared that getting rid of Boyd and Ferguson could have wrecked my teams morale but it didnt... Lyon bid stupid money for Mendes so i bit their hand off.

Currently using the following team:

------------McGregor(vc)

Whittaker-Bougherra-Broadfoot©-Smith

Novo-----Davis----Thomson-----Aquino

----------Lazovic-Lafferty

Novo is alternated with Aaron every few games.

Lazovic and Lafferty rotate with Fleck, Stancu and Miller.

Edu steps in for Thomson if hes tired/injured/banned.

Going well tonight.

Archived