He's A Legend At Our Club (But We'll Never Tell You That!)

As many of you that have seen my posts will probably know, i seem to moan and whinge a lot, but some of these do annoy me a lot

This is my biggest annoyance on FM so far

After spotting Wycombe Wanderers, manager-less and in huge trouble in the Coca Cola League 2, and me recently resigning from Poland, i would decide to apply, of course, i was the man who got the job. A remarkable first half a season with them, saw them rise from 20th to 12th, with unhappy players, a long term injury to my star striker, and a youth player wanting ridiculous money, in which the club didn't have.

I was offered a new contract, where i decided it was out with the old, and in with the young, i snapped up youth regens previously at premier and championship clubs, it was a bold move letting the star striker go, but it paid off incredibly well. My first full season with them ended in triumphant success, winning the league, and my fans and chairman saying it was all down to me, this felt like the best i would achieve, how wrong was I?

League 1, it would obviously be tough, but not for a club who had recently just sold off a promising young right back for £2,500,000 which enabled me to buy Striker Franco Di Santo for £1,750,000 after he had demanded money to move! A Miraculous season, it's no wander where i ended up, yes that's right, 1st again, another wonderful season, by this time, my clubs stadium had increased to its maximum capacity of 14,000 and players i had bought in were now cropping up on the favored personnel screen. "Fantastic" I thoguht, "Not Long Before I'm On There Too"

The coca cola championship, one goal, reach the playoffs, more money thanks to a takeover which led me in jubilant spirits, i had now signed more promising regens, fantastic former ex-player Ryan Giggs as my assistant, and French star Yoann Gourcuff on a free transfer, halfway through the season, Lauri Dalla Valle also made the switch. Guess what happened at the end of the season, yup, 1st again, and the best news, F.A Cup winners! By now i was already fuming, no sight of me on the favoured personnel, and i dont mean to be cocky, but why on earth have my stats declined incredibly, i look like a regen scout!

Back to my career, i forgot to mention but i have been offered numerous club jobs throughout the years, including Manchester United, a club with a habit of terrible managers after Fergies Retirement, Newcastle United, The magpies are in financial trouble still on my game, A.C Milan, yes thats right, the amazing offers keep on coming, and national roles at Ireland and Italy, but declined them all, this clearly showed my determination to do the impossible things at Wycombe Wanderers, one of these of course, get my name on the favoured personnel list, get their estimated value to over £1 Billion (Yes thats right) and get a new stadium built, as i feel increasingly sorry for my fans.

Premiership, signed world class talent with names such as Lampard, Nani, a few more young regens and Hamsik and Reina, both from City, things were looking up, still. Wont bore you anymore but will say i finished third, missed out on the premiership on the final day with a loss to West Brom @ the Hawthorns, shame i know, but i was still left in jubilant spirits after selling all my best players, my intentions now were to get a new stadium.

Next season, same old same old, new players (Most notable was Cristiano Ronaldo) and again had my stadium extension turned down due to no space, but again not too bore you, I WON THE LEAGUE! i was delighted and everybody was giving me praise from all angles, but i was still really upset, no favoured personnel, and my stats were still taking a serious decline, but i had given up now, and did a little cheating.

I took over as managers of The Milan's, The Manchester's and other insanely rich clubs to give Wycombe a huge cash injection, and i finally did it, my current estimated value is now £1.12B, my balance is £976,342,623 and my average season ticket price is now a staggering £840, and normal ticket prices up to an incredible £53, i feel like i am letting my fans down, but there is nothing i can do :(

And this just in, i'm now manager of England as well, they must be desperate, if they will employ someone who cant even make it onto the favored personnel list of Wycombe after years of glory...

Please, somebody tell me what to do to become a favoured personel, i will not give up until i do, but i am rapidly losing all faith in FM's proper indication as to what would happen if this were real life

Cheers All

JC

EDIT: Just received minutes after posting this long thread, ill upload a screenie tomorrow:

"Wycombe Could Buy The Title, Jokes Adams"

The clue is in the title, he just goes on to say how much money i have available e.t.c (More details to follow in the screenie tomorrow)

Im having the same problem, although it doesnt actually bother me that much. Im in CCL1 with Histon and that, to me, is good enough to get my name in the favoured personel list especially considering their background and the fact that they are just a small village. Im currently 10 points above the relegation zone and it looks like ill have to get them into the prem to get my name up there.

I think that if you started the game before patch 9.0.3 sometimes you won't appear at all.

I found with my Bristol City game that was started on 9.0.1 I wasn't on the favoured personel list even after winning the premiership 4 seasons in a row, champions league twice, FA cup twice and carling cup 3 years in a row.

Then on my current game with Sunderland on 9.0.3 I am on the favoured personel list after the first season due to finishing 3rd in the Premiership and winning the FA cup.

who cares, just use fmrte to put yourself in the favoured personnel list.. its not like it would be cheating, its just doing what would be right

Not surprisingly i care, as for FMRTE, i'm using a mac, and do not know how to use it

It really isn't that big a deal. The favoured personnel list is pretty much cosmetic; I'm not sure if there's even any benefits to being on it.

For this to be your biggest annoyance with the game shows that SI did a good job with it, overall.

Yes i agree, i do believe SI did a very good job with this game as i am very pleased with it, however this is one of the only factors i am not pleased with, so i thought i would share to see if anybody else has suffered this problem and how (If they did) they fixed it.

Archived